Random Thoughts....

Fajitas, burritos and gringas come to mind.
This place also has (had?) a buffet for lunch.

While trendy, and not very authentic, I can't not order Quesabirria if I see it in the menu...

How many electric cars will fix this?

The Canadian wild fires need to be put out. I had to go out yesterday and my lungs are still burning this morning, and it's no where near that bad here. I don't think I could go outside in New York or many places on the east coast.

After nearly 3 years without a car, everyday I feel like I will never own a car again.
I don't really need one.
I can't afford one.
Everything nice is expensive.
All used cars are piles of shit.
Drivers are terrible.
Police are bastards.

After nearly 3 years without a car, everyday I feel like I will never own a car again.
I don't really need one.
I can't afford one.
Drivers are terrible.
Police are bastards.
There can be no greater Heresy.jpg

:p

I don't really need one.
I can't afford one.
Drivers are terrible.
Police are bastards.

the DMV dicks still not giving out drivers licenses?

I don't really need one.
I can't afford one.
Drivers are terrible.
Police are bastards.

All these are reasons why I prefer rentals.

the DMV dicks still not giving out drivers licenses?
The full license was issued, contrary to what they told me, but that doesn't change the other issues.
The Portuguese market is small (small country, afteral) and people are poor, so most cars are beaters and decent ones are expensive.
Also, the police is corrupt. I keep hearing and reading about people passing inspection only after they "leave a 20 in the ashtray", cars being impounded because they have illegal modifications while being completely stock, etc.
Dude replaced his shocks with OEM-spec Konis and police impounds his car because it was an "unregistered modification", since they aren't black and don't have VW on them. He's been fighting since December to get his car back. Another person had his car impounded because he replaced the 25-year-old head unit with a new one with a screen and that was also considered an "illegal modification". Meanwhile, drivers park on the sidewalks and don't use their turn signals. I don't want to deal with that.
All these are reasons why I prefer rentals.
That only avoids a few of the problems, but yeah, if I really need to drive somewhere I'll just rent.

The full license was issued, contrary to what they told me, but that doesn't change the other issues.
The Portuguese market is small (small country, afteral) and people are poor, so most cars are beaters and decent ones are expensive.
Also, the police is corrupt. I keep hearing and reading about people passing inspection only after they "leave a 20 in the ashtray", cars being impounded because they have illegal modifications while being completely stock, etc.
Dude replaced his shocks with OEM-spec Konis and police impounds his car because it was an "unregistered modification", since they aren't black and don't have VW on them. He's been fighting since December to get his car back. Another person had his car impounded because he replaced the 25-year-old head unit with a new one with a screen and that was also considered an "illegal modification". Meanwhile, drivers park on the sidewalks and don't use their turn signals. I don't want to deal with that.

That only avoids a few of the problems, but yeah, if I really need to drive somewhere I'll just rent.

what.the.fuck.

Maybe try to find a way to license the car in a different EU country but drive it in Portugal? Does the police mess with "foreign country" cars?

Dude replaced his shocks with OEM-spec Konis and police impounds his car because it was an "unregistered modification", since they aren't black and don't have VW on them.

So you're basically not allowed to repair your car?

Maybe try to find a way to license the car in a different EU country but drive it in Portugal? Does the police mess with "foreign country" cars?
If Portugal has a road tax/registration tax for cars, and I assume they do, that would probably be considered tax evasion. Germany certainly sees it that way.

If Portugal has a road tax/registration tax for cars, and I assume they do, that would probably be considered tax evasion. Germany certainly sees it that way.
I see. I guess there's no way around it then. In the US there are people registering their cars in other states, so I just thought maybe you can do something similar in the EU.