Random Thoughts....

I have successfully made the journey to Minneapolis, Minnesota... I like the people's accents, they are funny. :)
Whatchu talking bout? Nobody in the Twin Cities speaks funny-like (or at least nobody from there). You have to get out of the city to where everyone is white and has Norwegian names to here dem funny accents, donchaknow.

That accent extends into Canada.
lol @ "northern" Ontario

We've spent the day discussing why rail is so useless, and how the EU could disapprove the swedish postal service (thus the state) buying a company yet okaying the deutsche post to buy, giving the german state over 80% of the total market. The answer is of course that the EU does as the germans tell it to. We've also spent lots of time discussing how outsourcing the ownership of the vehicle pool could increase profit and reduce sensitivity to market shifts.

YOU, need some new friends.......

Oi. Copying files from a backup disc from my old computer is taking forever. Granted, they are video files, and I'm copying them from the disc to the home server rather than to my computer first because I lack the hard drive space...blegh.

On the plus side I found some old files I've been looking for. Ah, memories...

Jobcenter seriously does a good job of being run by fuckwits. After signing on with them on tuesday, turns out that the bloke i saw forgot to authenticate it and turned out that the money never got paid into my account. On top of that i had finally gotten them to get me onto a College course that'll give me training in multiple areas along with some work placement. i was due to start the course next monday only for that to turn out there had been another mistake and the course doesn't start for another week after. for a place so committed to getting people back to work, they certainly go the long way about it.

Reactions: MWF
That was hilarious! And to my fellow men, what's wrong with tampons? Remember those cleaning tapes you'd put in VCRs and cassette players? Same idea. I don't get the disgust.

Report: More Colleges Offering Dick-Around Abroad Programs

WASHINGTON?According to a report published this week by the U.S. Department of Education, an increasing number of universities now offer dick-around abroad programs that give students the chance to hang out and do jack shit in another country.

Once only available through a small number of liberal arts colleges, dick-around abroad programs, which seek to immerse students in a foreign environment ideal for screwing off, can now be found in more than half of all American schools.

"Taking time to go fuck around abroad has become essential to a well-rounded education," said New York University dean of student affairs Christina White. "We urge all our students to pick a program that's right for them, whether it's six weeks dicking around in the Spanish countryside, or six months sticking your thumb as far up your ass as you possibly can in Japan or South Korea."

"The chance to spend every night partying in pretty much the same way they would have at home is an experience they'll never forget," White continued.

While the tradition of dicking around abroad can be traced back to a medieval European university system that encouraged putzing off in other cultures, the practice didn't become common in the United States until the 1970s, when an entire generation began pursuing higher education and looking for ways to do fuck-all. Today, educators said, many students won't even apply to a school that doesn't provide programs that allow them to take bong hits in major world cities for academic credit.

"I've dicked around in France and Australia," said Lehigh University senior Christie Oden, a psychology major who spent last spring in the school's popular Holy Shit, Melbourne Is Laid Back program. "I tell everyone I know: Definitely dick around abroad if you get the chance. It's the best thing I did in college."

For students like Oden, who are seeking opportunities to waste enormous amounts of time in a specific field, some schools offer specialized programs for dicking around abroad. Engineering majors at MIT, for example, can spend a semester in a drunken haze at the school's Munich location, while juniors studying art history at Northwestern University may sign up for a year of yanking their puds in the museums of Paris.

But it's not just Americans who are interested in an international education: The Department of Education has also seen a steep rise in the number of foreign students taking buckle-down-and-succeed programs here in the U.S.

According to the report, applications for IIT Bombay's Spend Every Waking Second Making the Most of Your Education Abroad program are up 30 percent since 2009, while in the past decade enrollment in Peking University's Get an American Ph.D., Don't Draw Too Much Attention, and Report Back for Duty program has nearly tripled.
Epic as always, The Onion, this one though is mostly epic because it's very much true... :rofl:

http://pastebin.com/tVyRNRDK

Pure hell awesome-ness on IRC yesterday.

FTFY :p

(and yeah, don't get why people get so freaked out about it. It's like girls getting annoyed with guys for farting- pull your stick out of your ass and realise it's something the body needs to do!!!!!)

That was hilarious! And to my fellow men, what's wrong with tampons? Remember those cleaning tapes you'd put in VCRs and cassette players? Same idea. I don't get the disgust.

And in a similar vein from the Man's Man his-self:

James May: Shall I tell you the other interesting thing about tampons? Seriously, has anybody got an old twin cylinder motorcycle? Parallel twin? You always get a little bit of oil that leaks out through the seal and it collects there and you can't get at it to mop it up. You put a little of that on the end of a screwdriver, a philips, poke it in and *fwoop*".

So angry at myself tonight. From what was a great day singing to the school and hi fiving the crowd, I freaked out and panicked at work because I kept making mistakes ie falling over or doing the bar myself on my second shift back after a 3 month hiatus. GRR

WHAT THE CRAP.

That's it. Last straw. If anyone knows where I can sell a uterus, send me a PM. These things bring nothing but pain and the need for lots and lots of eye-bleach.

Kat, what are you doing signed in as Coco??? :p

And in a similar vein from the Man's Man his-self:

James May: Shall I tell you the other interesting thing about tampons? Seriously, has anybody got an old twin cylinder motorcycle? Parallel twin? You always get a little bit of oil that leaks out through the seal and it collects there and you can't get at it to mop it up. You put a little of that on the end of a screwdriver, a philips, poke it in and *fwoop*".

That is one of my favourite Top Gear moments of all time. Thankyou for reminding me of it!:D

WHAT THE CRAP.

That's it. Last straw. If anyone knows where I can sell a uterus, send me a PM. These things bring nothing but pain and the need for lots and lots of eye-bleach.

Funfact: Doctors will not spay you unless you are old or have already had lots of babies. Very annoying when you have lots of stupid shit wrong with you and don't want to ever produce children due to how fucked up they could come out.