The awesome boats thread

Currently under construction in China:

42m-Trimaran-Motor-Yacht-Hang-Tuah-Bow.jpg

Trimaran-Motor-Yacht-Hang-Tuah.jpg

42m-Trimaran-SuperYacht-Hang-Tuah.jpg

P41m_Aft_Garage_Open_full_sm.jpg

Finally a superyacht that I actually like.

Wow China?
I would have expected Germany for the design & engineering or Italy for the style, but China!

Times are changing, gotta think about learning Mandarin.

:smile:

Wow China?
I would have expected Germany for the design & engineering or Italy for the style, but China!

Times are changing, gotta think about learning Mandarin.

:smile:

No one said where the design and engineering is taking place. For all we know its only being built in China. Source link please?
Also that top deck looks bloody useless. Or is it just for show?
Another also.... Lets hope the Sea Shepherd Conservation Shitheads never get their hands on that.

Last edited:
Holy nauticle vessel, what the deuce is 1:08? :blink:

[video=youtube;5-gfCkLFrfc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-gfCkLFrfc[/video]

CGI of super yachts doesn't do it for me, even if they ever really get built I still don't care. All it does is make me despise the super-rich even more. The real awesomeness are things like the Observation Island.

800px-USNS_OBSERVATION_ISLAND_%28T-AGM-23%29_AFT_VIEW.JPG

Or the USS Norton Sound which started life as a sea-plane tender...

air_mariner10.jpg

NortonSound2.jpg

And just got more awesome as time went on by being the test bed for just about every weapon in the USN arsenal up until the late 80's.

NortonSound.jpg

720px-USS_Norton_Sound_post_Aegis.jpg

Yeah, um, sorry but I'd rather look at super-yacht renders than normal looking boats that I have to Wikipedia to find remotely interesting.

No one said where the design and engineering is taking place. For all we know its only being built in China. Source link please?
Also that top deck looks bloody useless. Or is it just for show?
Another also.... Lets hope the Sea Shepherd Conservation Shitheads never get their hands on that.

Link: http://www.charterworld.com/news/pa...r-yacht-hang-tuah-at-42-m-trimaran-superyacht

The original concept called for something very lightweight and efficient for long-distance cruises, but then the owner's wife stepped in and demanded some luxury so they had to redesign.

Last edited:
hydroyacht.jpg

6491.jpg

29616-hi-Proteus_SF.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently, the RMS Queen Mary 2 will be in Oslo this friday, so I'll go down and snap some images and post them here... :D

Audi trimaran concept:

audiboat05.jpg

audiboat04.jpg

audiboat01.jpg

audiboat06.jpg

audiboat07.jpg

audiboat02.jpg

audiboat03.jpg

Gonna hurt. Shows how directional the strength of carbon fibre is too. Probably a good thing for the guy mind, saved a few ribs.

The mast was under stress already though, trying to push the sail into the water the hard way.

Extreme 40s are fun, they run in the Kiel Fjord as well. Quite frustrating to see them while sailing a monohull :lol: soooooo fast in any wind. This year they'll be here in late August while I'm somewhere in Danish or Swedish :rolleyes: