The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

have them shoot tranquilizer darts.

they'll have hunted! and the animal will live another day...
(granted it isn't being eaten while asleep :lol:)

And yet, a large portion of the yearly budget for these reservations comes from those hunters. So by killing a few animals a year, they pay for the protection of a lot more. Doesn't make these hunters any less sad, just to make the moral discussion a bit less black-and-white. :)

This is huge. Hunters are quite often the most ardent environmentalists.

The issue is that the dentist killed a mascot, essentially.

Imagine someone luring the real Smokey Bear from it's enclosure onto public lands, and shot it during bear hunting season. Or imagine if Shamu was released, and then killed in an orca hunt (if that sort of thing were legal).

Hunters are quite often the most ardent environmentalists.[...]

Real Hunters, yes. They help regulate populations of animals in the absence of predators and thus can help stabilize an ecosystem. That is important work, carried out by (over here) trained and licensed professionals who know what they are doing and when they should be doing it.
(There are some black sheep everywhere - just generally speaking)

These sort of "sport-hunters" - do no such things, their motives lie entirely somewhere else. And what they do by that is sully the reputation of said real hunters.

I'm all for letting people do whatever they want to do, not against hunting, eat a lot of meat, none of that, but the idea of a wealthy westener flying around the world to Africa to go shoot a big cat, I dunno, it does not sit right.
I realise most nature reserves in Africa depend on hunting for their income, but this whole 'great white hunter' thing traveling to 'poor dark Africa' to go all 'man versus beast' with a crossbow....it just feels pervers.

have them shoot tranquilizer darts.

they'll have hunted! and the animal will live another day...
(granted it isn't being eaten while asleep :lol:)

Paintball markers. :p

Wait until you get into a conversation with a violent racist who talks about hunting chimpanzees. Yeah. Fer serious.

Can't we just start hunting vegans instead? Animals win, we win, everyone wins!

Maybe we should just finance some "cuddle with Nature"-trips for them to Africa (or wherever there are endangered big-cats) and have Nature sort this sort itself ... that would certainly help the Lion-population ...

- - - Updated - - -

Wait until you get into a conversation with a violent racist who talks about hunting chimpanzees. Yeah. Fer serious.

They?d be taking all our jobs and women?

:banana:

Mahatma Ghandi once said that you can tell how mature a country is by the way it treats animals.

I bet he didn't know that in the case of animal protection no country was as progressive as Nazi-Germany :p No, really, it's true: One of the first laws the Nazis brought on the way in 1933, was the "Reichstierschutzgesetz" and vegetarianism was very popular among the Nazi leaders :)

I know it's unfair and highly provocative but it's also always quite funny to confront vegetarians or vegans or animal rights activists with those simple facts, when they try to missionize you. They probably won't like you anymore but hey, you shut them up and that means mission accomplished ;)

And if that isn't enough, also mention that soybean monocultures destroy animal living space :p

Last edited:
Mahatma Ghandi once said that you can tell how mature a country is by the way it treats animals.

I bet he didn't know that in the case of animal protection no country was as progressive as Nazi-Germany :p No, really, it's true: One of the first laws the Nazis brought on the way in 1933, was the "Reichstierschutzgesetz" and vegetarianism was very popular among the Nazi leaders :)

I know it's unfair and highly provocative but it's also always quite funny to confront vegetarians or vegans or animal rights activists with those simple facts, when they try to missionize you. They probably won't like you anymore but hey, you shut them up and that means mission accomplished ;)

And if that isn't enough, also mention that soybean monocultures destroy animal living space :p

I never knew that, for some reason vegans never like me anyway.... this I'm using! :p

Last edited:
Today I learned...and immediately got to use it. :)

....Flying to Africa to shoot a lion, however, is not hunting. It's not honorable. On the contrary: That whole "man vs. beast" jabbering is bullshit, coming from cowards. Because they always kill from a safe distance and even if they use a crossbow, there are at least two people with a rifle standing right next to him - just in case.

True.
And yet, a large portion of the yearly budget for these reservations comes from those hunters. So by killing a few animals a year, they pay for the protection of a lot more. Doesn't make these hunters any less sad, just to make the moral discussion a bit less black-and-white. :)

Also true.

I'm all for letting people do whatever they want to do, not against hunting, eat a lot of meat, none of that, but the idea of a wealthy westener flying around the world to Africa to go shoot a big cat, I dunno, it does not sit right..

That too.

i8GSA1b.jpg

IMSQHr6.jpg

gJitf35.jpg

Nana, nana, nana, nana, Batman.