The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

My "Rudy Project" lenses are pretty quick. They started to have problems reacting after a few years so I bought new lenses.

Got the cap off the new tank for my Interceptor today. Locks are no match for a cobalt drill bit. :D

Lots of gunk, and a few minor dents, but still better than the one on there now, which is a bit to much like swiss cheese.

I've never personally seen a pair of reacta-lens sunglasses react fast enough to be able to do that.

The new lenses react very fast. My boss just replaced his set and they turn from dark to light or back within a couple of seconds. His old ones would take up to a minute to fully change.

Just renewed the insurance on my Seca II...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUH3JQjcweM[/YOUTUBE]

I've got spring break next week. And as per usual, most of my road trip plans with friends have fallen through, so I'll most likely be embarking on some sort of epic motorcycle tour of the Northeast. Maybe ride up to Maine, or Nova Scotia, or through the Adirondacks - that's the best part, I have no idea what I'm doing, I may die, and hopefully I'll spin a book deal out of it. Stay tuned. :cool:

I've got spring break next week. And as per usual, most of my road trip plans with friends have fallen through, so I'll most likely be embarking on some sort of epic motorcycle tour of the Northeast. Maybe ride up to Maine, or Nova Scotia, or through the Adirondacks - that's the best part, I have no idea what I'm doing, I may die, and hopefully I'll spin a book deal out of it. Stay tuned. :cool:

Weather.com says that you may be getting freezing rain or even an accumulation of global warming in the first part of next week in that part of the world.

Last edited:
No, his VFR is hanging out in my 'shop' next to my PC and CB. :D

Sometime in the next month, his VFR might be there, though.

We still have 2 meters of snow here.. :(

It has started to melt though!

Is that your VFR on the right? Looks almost exactly like mine does at the moment, just without a bunch of wiring hanging out the front of it.

Edit: Nevermind, I just maximized the picture. :lol:

Yeah, my interceptor has a garish awesome red white and blue paint job.

You should swing by the dealership sometime. We are only 30 odd minutes from the Mass line and there are some great riding roads to the west of us. Not sure if we will have any cool cars around next week but we might. That Bentley may still be here next week at least.

Yeah, my interceptor has a garish awesome red white and blue paint job.

Nah your Interceptor has an Japan America Fuck Yeah paint job

america-fuck-yeah-bikini-breasts-cola-gun-big-mac1.jpg

Last edited:
Spring is near and the squids are out. As a reminder, please keep anything you don't want removed by an SUV on your own side of the Double-Yellow.

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2010/03/10/mocking_lane_crossers.jpg

Some have a hard time with this, so please ride with care everyone!

It took me a while on that one. I saw the sign and thought "wrong lane?? They're on the left....Ohhh it's America!". :lol:

That Honda Dream looks beautiful. That's a little preview of when (and if all goes well) 'Benny' comes back to the states with me. :cool:

I'm looking for some sort of protection that I can wear under my everyday jacket when I ride, but I haven't got the faintest idea on where to start searching. Blind (and other experienced riders), got any ideas?

I'm looking for some sort of protection that I can wear under my everyday jacket when I ride, but I haven't got the faintest idea on where to start searching. Blind (and other experienced riders), got any ideas?

Your posts are always full of unintended sexual innuendo.
Or is it just me?
:|

Have got to get back into learning to ride the scooter, parking at my university is beyond bad and there are ample free motorbike places (if you have a car you pay $4 a day or approx $150 for an annual pass, neither of which guarantees you a parking space). Need to get motivated dammit! :(

Been out on it about 4 times though, like it more and more each time and I am definitely getting better (can do very shaky u-turns around roundabouts now, which I'm happy about!) but I nearly got cleaned up some dumb woman in an SX4 pulling out of a side street on my last ride. She then tailgated me and nearly sideswiped me passing me when i was turning (in the same lane). Best thing? i realised I knew her afterwards- she was a parent of a kid I went to primary school with. Tempted to send her a letter letting her know who she nearly killed- one of her kid's childhood friends. Whatever though. Back to getting motivated!!!!!!

(/rant sorry!)

Your posts are always full of unintended sexual innuendo.
Or is it just me?
:|

I'm already well-versed in that sort of protection.

:wicked:

But seriously, I have no idea what to look for in terms of under armor.