The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

I grabbed the wrong link. I'll fix it.

I got a original Honda top-box recently, love the added practicality, but I had to sacrifice my oval Mivv exhaust to fit the mounting rack.

eImg_9077_zpsd637ac83.jpg

eImg_9076_zps5768c8d2.jpg

eImg_9084_zpsc264af99.jpg

eImg_9085_zps788f158a.jpg

Reactions: 47
I got a original Honda top-box recently, love the added practicality, but I had to sacrifice my oval Mivv exhaust to fit the mounting rack.

That Pantheon box attaches to a rebadged Givi rack. If you would like your Mivv exhaust back, you can mount that box on a SW Motech Alu-Rack.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-m...hornet-for-givi-trax-alu-box-krauser-topcases

Here's a link to the pics over on WristTwisters: http://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/f94/sw-motech-alu-rack-anyone-have-one-25672.html#post438776

Of course, you can get them direct over there in Europe.

Last edited:
That is a gooood looking bike, even with the box.
Can't wait for some warmer weather, need to ride!
And to think I thought about selling a month ago, pffft

Thanks, whats the weather like where you are? Its even been below zero degrees C. here recently, but as long as there is no ice on the road I ride. But I prefer the scooter because of the added wind protection.

That Pantheon box attaches to a rebadged Givi rack. If you would like your Mivv exhaust back, you can mount that box on a SW Motech Alu-Rack.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-m...hornet-for-givi-trax-alu-box-krauser-topcases

Here's a link to the pics over on WristTwisters: http://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/f94/sw-motech-alu-rack-anyone-have-one-25672.html#post438776

Of course, you can get them direct over there in Europe.

Yeah, its a original Givi rack, with the Honda plate and box, it works fine like this. Don't really miss the Mivv, maybe I'll change the rack in the future.

Last edited:
Thanks, whats the weather like where you are? Its even been below zero degrees C. here recently, but as long as there is no ice on the road I ride. But I prefer the scooter because of the added wind protection.

Mostly cold these days, around 5 by day, -2 at night.
Last night it snowed 15cm, but it's already melting.
Yeah, I know people ride, but I ride for fun and I don't consider riding in the cold fun.
I don't actually have the right gear for such temperatures. Bellow 15 is too low.

I bought a motorcycle, rode for 15min combined the second and third days of owning it...and then haven't ridden in the 12 days since. :mad:

To make matters worse, it's been rainy for only two days during that time, and perfectly rideable the other 10. And I didn't even have a job until Wednesday. How in the world did I manage not to have time, I honestly don't know...

Also, I have to go return my Alpinestars SMX-Pluses, as they're too narrow. Larger sizes will probably be too long, so I expect to move to a different brand instead.

Now I have to find time for THAT, too...

[/rant]

It's my first bike, so I haven't had the balls to just take it out and ride to where I've needed to be. :lol: Hoping to find time to ride this coming week, as I do want to actually use the damn thing...

When I got my first bike I started commuting with it from the get go. You'll rack up a lot of experience quickly.

When I got my first bike I started commuting with it from the get go. You'll rack up a lot of experience quickly.

I mostly need to grow a pair.
shiftyeyes-1.gif

Ayup! Nothing like being thrown into the fire. Go out and ride ... and don't worry about making sure you do everything right. Make mistakes - it's how you learn. ;)

When I feel like typing more, I'll tell you the story about how I learned to ride on my own without using all the front brake (think 90% rear + 10% front ... yeah, I got it backwards). Basic gist is that I would exit freeways and stomp on the rear whilst sliding the back end out. I just thought that was how you ride until one day, I met up with Blind and some friends for a ride. After a near t-bone into my friend, I learned how to ride properly (i.e., they threatened to remove my rear brake completely). :lol:

Anyways, I'm sure we all have embarrassing new rider stories to tell - we all started somewhere. :) I know I have plenty more, hehe.

Last edited:
It's my first bike, so I haven't had the balls to just take it out and ride to where I've needed to be. :lol: Hoping to find time to ride this coming week, as I do want to actually use the damn thing...
Man you couldn't pry me off my first bike, I commuted on it, spent half my evenings and weekends just riding around town and hitting trails. Get out there!

Anyways, I'm sure we all have embarrassing new rider stories to tell - we all started somewhere. :) I know I have plenty more, hehe.
:lol: That just makes me think about a bunch of dumbass stuff I've done. Still do. Riding off without flipping my fuel on and having my bike die in traffic. Hooning (and eating it) on gravel. Damn I need another bike.

I once rode with the choke on for a good 10 minutes and kept swearing at the poor motorcycle every time I tried to overtake and it just bogged down. :rofl:

Blame me only ever owning cars with fuel injection. :D