The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

You can always get one of these:

1967-honda-monkey.jpg

When I was having my first oil change on my bike a guy returned from a test ride and complained the V7 was too heavy. Opposite reaction from me, but my Honda was 80lbs over my Guzzi.

Oh, I fit on the bikes, I was just startled by how much bigger they looked. Now I just need to save for one.

If you're a cop and do something stupid always make sure the other guy thinks he is in the wrong.

argatoga said:
If you're a cop and do something stupid always make sure the other guy thinks he is in the wrong.
... and then wonder why people hate you.

What an ass.

The motorcyclist should have asked the cop for his insurance information (police departments have car insurance) and let the insurance companies deal with it.

The motorcyclist should have asked the cop for his insurance information (police departments have car insurance) and let the insurance companies deal with it.

Many departments now self-insure their vehicles where such is legal.

That cop not calling another car to take an accident report is also illegal...

I agree as it is routine. However, it didn't look like the bike or rider incurred any damage.

That officer should have his DL revoked general driving incompetence. I don't see it happening, though, regardless of the fact that his face is on video.

Also, the car turning in front of the rider was nowhere near "way up there". Reason #2 to revoke gramps' license.

I agree as it is routine. However, it didn't look like the bike or rider incurred any damage.

Pretty sure that bike now has a tweaked swingarm.

At the very least, he needs to have the following checked: Swingarm, swingarm pivot, shock(s), wheel bearings, axle.

You guys are right, I forgot about that.

I love it how the cop claims that he wasn't that close, but then states that he can't stop the car in time. To me that sounds like he was too close. :D
Isn't that against the law over there?

I love it how the cop claims that he wasn't that close, but then states that he can't stop the car in time. To me that sounds like he was too close. :D
Isn't that against the law over there?

Yup. 'Following too closely' or similar offense.

I rode my bike today and didn't die. I also feel much more comfortable and confident on it, though my wrists still hurt like a bitch after 10min. :woot:

Is the because of the angle of the bars or because of the weight you're putting on them?

Is the because of the angle of the bars or because of the weight you're putting on them?

I'd wager a bit of both, and possibly not being used the position, or pulling levers like that. The previous owner experienced the same thing when he first started riding and it went away after a while, so I'll give it time before I panic about buying the wrong bike. :D