The "New Toys" Thread

It was about time to move up from the GTX 560, and since this was at a small discount, I went ahead and ordered one. It's a 4GB version, and seems to have a far better cooling setup than a single smaller fan on my old card. That one gets quite annoyingly loud in games.

Of course, the post is on strike, so who the hell knows when I get it :lol:

Got a new (for me) laptop.
EHTYF3e.png

While I have no problem with the keyboard on my X240, I'm still a bit jelly.

Finishing up the build:

Asus PCE-AC56:
3kqEGai.jpg

SteelSeries QcK Mini Mousepad:
hVv6wv6.jpg

SteelSeries Apex Raw keyboard:
MYpMbF1.jpg

SteelSeries Rival optical mouse:
Sxrnyi0.jpg

EVGA 220-G2-0650-Y1 650w PSU:
YrEq6I8.jpg

G.Skill Ares memory (16 GB):
nZLcYVQ.jpg

Hopefully this'll be all I need to start building in a week or so. Hurray for Black Friday deals...

Last edited:
71qvLEAtOOL._SL1439_.jpg

Philips SHB3165

I've just changed gyms, the new one thinks it's some kind of nightclub in Ibiza. Earphones don't cut the noise out, so i'm gonna try these. They're not fancy cancelling or anything, but should drown out the noise better. They are Bluetooth connection only and not even a 3.5mm jack.

Be sure to charge them because nothing sucks harder than suddenly losing your music on a workout...

Mine are BT but do have 3,5mm plug so you can still use it with flat batteries... It can't charge and be in use at the same time so thats a neat solution

Be sure to charge them because nothing sucks harder than suddenly losing your music on a workout...

Mine are BT but do have 3,5mm plug so you can still use it with flat batteries... It can't charge and be in use at the same time so thats a neat solution

That's one reason why i'm meh toward wireless...one more thing to charge.

I may have to get over the head (???) headphones though - earbuds will probably plop right out if i start really exercising (treadmill, etc.)

They're supposed to be 11 hours battery life and I take a battery bank with me, because I'm a psychopath...

razer_tiamat_71_gaming_headset_1196705_g1.jpg

Razor Tiamat 7.1 Headset

31VLDVcbslL.jpg

EZM Deluxe Dual Monitor Mount

That's one reason why i'm meh toward wireless...one more thing to charge.

I may have to get over the head (???) headphones though - earbuds will probably plop right out if i start really exercising (treadmill, etc.)

*raises hand* Sweaty bastard here, with 5 years of one hour workouts, 3 days a week with basic earbuds. Can remember maybe once or twice when they fell out.
You just need to get the ones with a rubber edge and really cram them in there. Also cancels out background noise (ie shitty music, people groaning/panting, people wanting to talk to you when you're in the Zone...

They're supposed to be 11 hours battery life and I take a battery bank with me, because I'm a psychopath...

Yes, a battery bank is fine (even if it doesn't prove to be useful when they're hanging on one side of the headset), but can yours charge + be in use at the same time? Or you'd just hang out in the gym for half an hour until it's somewhat charged? :p

*raises hand* Sweaty bastard here, with 5 years of one hour workouts, 3 days a week with basic earbuds. Can remember maybe once or twice when they fell out.
You just need to get the ones with a rubber edge and really cram them in there.

Unless your ears are shaped like mine, in which case in-ear earbuds are useless. Sadly.

Yeah, there's not a lot of content but it's fun. And the graphics are awesome, running everything on ultra and it's beautiful.

Since my Nexus 7 recently died of the well known internal storage issues, I needed a new second tablet.
SHIELD_Tablet_Cover_Front_Wide_Angle_Right.jpg

Nvidia Shield K1 tablet. According to most reviews the best tablet out there for under 300 eur, and some even claim it's the best small tablet, full stop. Should arrive tomorrow.

Damn, I want one... if only it had LTE as the previous one did. But afaik it's not available as an option, so out of the running for me.

I actually don't find that a deal breaker, since I can just use my phone's data instead, either via wifi hotspot or bluetooth. There's also no situation where I have my phone but not my tablet.