The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Again, I didn?t say I want him to stay in office.... just for the ?threat? to be carried out, or silenced. Shit, or get off the pot, basically.

I just want Putin to take over already, teaching my kids two languages is a pain in the ass

Go build the wally yourself LeVel

Meanwhile, the DOW hit yet another all-time records. Yeah guys, Trump sucks! :rolleyes:

Also, how about that acquittal in CA??? #buildthewall
1) Correlation does not equal causation.... you cannot proclaim Trump is solely, or even partially responsible for why the DOW hit that number without some sort of proof.

2) Like it or not, that?s a murder trial, not a referendum on immigration.

2) Like it or not, that?s a murder trial, not a referendum on immigration.

This. He was acquitted of murder, which as you know is a charge with specific parameters, that a jury determined were not met. Kate was killed by a bullet that ricocheted off the ground. Hard to convict for "murder" on that. He was not set free, he was found guilty of other charges.

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile, the DOW hit yet another all-time records. Yeah guys, Trump sucks! :rolleyes:

Yep, cuz nothing was happening up until January 2017.

Xtm4JGY.png

1) What he did is a textbook perfect case for involuntary manslaughter. Also, guess what - if we had real border control he wouldn't have been there to kill that woman after he had been deported FIVE TIMES.
Not arguing with your larger point, but that was not the mandate of the jury.

2) The DOW shot up in November as soon as Trump won. That's not a little correlation - investors very much like what he promised and the market reflected that.
Unless you are aware of conflicting info, going by what NecroJoe posted, that graph shows near continuous growth of the DOW since 2011, so are you going to say ?Thanks, Obama??

1) What he did is a textbook perfect case for involuntary manslaughter. Also, guess what - if we had real border control he wouldn't have been there to kill that woman after he had been deported FIVE TIMES.

Agreed, but a Republican congress would never be willing to pay for ?real border control? and ? if, like our pussy-grabber-in-chief, you think that we could force Mexico to pay for all or part of that cost ? you?re beyond delusional.

2) The DOW shot up in November as soon as Trump won. That's not a little correlation - investors very much like what he promised and the market reflected that.

It?s not that Trump himself was elected, it?s the fact that the Republicans control both Congress and the White House. Pretty much any of the line-up of clowns who were in the running for the nomination would do (Kasich possibly excepted). The fat cats know that this situation is a license to print money. Just look at the tax bill that will probably be passed today. No one with a shred of fiscal responsibility would vote for something like that without having been able to read and evaluate its 500+ pages. The Republican senators are just content with keeping Mitch ? to say nothing of their corporate campaign donors ? happy. They?re nothing but a bunch of sheep. I?m hoping beyond hope that McCain and possibly someone else throw wrenches into this debacle.

If I were able to accurately calculate it, I would GLADLY return every dollar by which my portfolio has increased due to the presence of these yo-yos. I?m old and it pains me to no end to know that, at the very least, I?m going to have to spend another whole year watching this gang of idiots tear apart everything that they see as Democratic accomplishments, whether or not those things are in the best interests of the country as a whole.

Unless you are aware of conflicting info, going by what NecroJoe posted, that graph shows near continuous growth of the DOW since 2011, so are you going to say ?Thanks, Obama??

Kinda reminds me of politicians taking credit for job creation. That always annoys me, since it's not politicians or government that creates jobs, it's businesses, corporations, etc. The only jobs these politicians create is when they hire an extra personal assistant to yell at for coffee and their limo, when they're not sexually harassing them.

Passing tons of regulations that make doing business in the US expensive and difficult does nothing but prevent companies from creating jobs and doing business here. Same goes for jacking up the corporate tax rates. These things only impede job creation. Under the previous administration regulations reached an all time high and our corporate tax rates were increased to one of the highest in the industrialized world. Personally I can't help but believe that our economy gaining strength and jobs being created were not because of President Obama, but in spite of him.

:dunno:

And it has passed...

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/01/media/abc-news-flynn-correction/index.html

Several hours later, a spokesperson for the network told CNN that Ross would be issuing a "clarification" on "World News Tonight," which airs at 6:30 p.m. ET.

"[A] clarification tonight on something one of Flynn's confidants told us and we reported earlier today," Ross said on the program. "He said the president had asked Flynn to contact Russia during the campaign. He's now clarifying that saying, according to Flynn, candidate Trump asked him during the campaign to find ways to repair relations with Russia and other world hot spots. And then after the election, the president-elect asked him to contact Russia on issues including working together to fight ISIS."

Thats it? Is that the definition of a traitor these days...?
:rolleyes:

This is the way I see it: there's an awful lot of "clarification" needed these days.

I may be wrong, but at least over here I have the feeling that in the former administrations (not just Obama but Bush and Clinton before him as well; before that I wasn't interested in american politics at all so I can't judge Bush sr., Reagan and all the others which were before them) the statements were much clearer from the start so there was much less need for clarification in the first place. IMHO the administration of one of the, if not the most powerful nation in the world isn't supposed to give statements and then clarify half of those statements because "we meant it differently", that doesn't help with building trust into an administration. Trust into an administration is one of the cornerstones of a stable administration, and I just don't see that trust.

Please remember: this statment isn't about what Hillary would have done better/worse/differently. I honestly don't know enough about US politics, but resorting to whataboutism doesn't help the current administration at all, this is about their actions while they are in charge, and currently it's a mess, regardless of the DOW hitting an all-time record (which the DAX, the german equivalent of the DOW, is hitting as well, and that isn't really linked to american politics).

This is the way I see it: there's an awful lot of "clarification" needed these days.

For sure, but something that annoys me to no end is the sensationalism in the news these days, everything is the end of the world/shocking/disgraceful etc.

This might be something or if the extent of it is what I quoted above it is NOTHING, so please, check your god damn sources and try to report the facts, have some integrity.

How many people went insane and retweeted the initial statement by ABC vs how many even read the correction...?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/01/media/abc-news-flynn-correction/index.html

Thats it? Is that the definition of a traitor these days...?
:rolleyes:

If ?that?s it? then why the cover-up? It?s true, sometimes the cover-up is worse than the crime. Especially when dealing with absolute morons. I?m sure I?ve said it before, these aren?t criminal masterminds...they are blundering fools.

Flynn and others have lied to investigators. When called on it by Yates, she?s fired. Trump tries to pressure Comey. He?s fired. Trump tries to pressure other heads of agencies and senate/house chairs. There is a considerable effort to put an end to an investigation.....which is part of why I don?t think ?that?s it?.

They don?t want people snooping around. May not have anything to do with the election. But let?s be real, Trump and his cohorts are greedy con men...probably a past/present/future history of crimes

Also, how about that acquittal in CA??? #buildthewall
The DOW hit an all time high because we have a Senate, house, and White House that is bought and paid for. Companies have been sitting on piles of cash for years, but wages are stagnant and growth has been sluggish.

GOP solution: massive corporate tax cuts.

The top 1% already controlls more than 50% of the wealth. How much money do they need before the rest of us see some? That isn't a retorical question, I actually want someone to answer it.

- - - Updated - - -

I see it flattening in the last 1.5-2 years of Obama before spiking sharply.

As it does before Literally. Every. Presidential. Election. The market holds it's breath because it abhores uncertainty, as soon as the election happens you see a flurry of trading based on who got elected. It happens every 4 years like clockwork, but the effect is greater when you don't have an incumbent running for reelection.

The top 1% already controlls more than 50% of the wealth. How much money do they need before the rest of us see some? That isn't a retorical question, I actually want someone to answer it.

Fourty years ago, the Boss used to say: "poor men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be king, and a king ain't satisfied till he rules everything".

I think he might have been onto something.

Again, I didn?t say I want him to stay in office.... just for the ?threat? to be carried out, or silenced. Shit, or get off the pot, basically.

Yes.