What's going on with the server?

Since the server troubles have surfaced, I have a weird problem: a lot of pages on this forum don't show.

I have no problem with entering threads via the "new posts". But as soon as I try to go back a page in that thread, or if I just enter a thread normally by browsing the forum, the browser just presents me an empty page. I can reload as much as I like, but the browser just loads for one or two seconds and then goes back to the empty page. It doesn't always happen, but it happens quite regularly. The URL that shows up in the adress bar is perfectly fine. It's like the forum doesn't find the page and just gives up. And the threads this happens with change all the time.
Does noone else have this problem? It's pretty annoying...

Does noone else have this problem? It's pretty annoying...
Nope, sorry. I can't reproduce it. The forums will be moving back to the main server tonight if all goes well, so you won't have to deal with it much longer.

Nope, sorry. I can't reproduce it. The forums will be moving back to the main server tonight if all goes well, so you won't have to deal with it much longer.
Okay, thank you! :)

Last edited:
I'll make a pretty diagram for those interested in seeing what we have done.
Yay! A diagram. As a engineer-to-be I can appreciate them. :cool:

If you are reading this, we are now on Atlas.

If you are reading this, we are now on Atlas.

Would you kindly let us know... erm... when you fix Titan maybe?

Would you kindly let us know... erm... when you fix Titan maybe?
Quiky should have been more clear. Atlas is the name of the new VM container on Titan that contains/runs all of the FinalGear stuff. My other sites are in a VM named Hades for example.

Basically all the different things on Titan are compartmentalized now. It's a bit slower, but with Titan being so fast, it won't be noticable and it's a lot more secure (i.e. site A can't take down, slow down, or even touch site B).

My non-displaying-page problem has been solved as well, thank you guys! :clap:

Quiky should have been more clear. Atlas is the name of the new VM container on Titan that contains/runs all of the FinalGear stuff. My other sites are in a VM named Hades for example.

Basically all the different things on Titan are compartmentalized now. It's a bit slower, but with Titan being so fast, it won't be noticable and it's a lot more secure (i.e. site A can't take down, slow down, or even touch site B).

Well I was just looking for something to say to make the Altas Bioshock joke, but thanks for making it clear anyway. :D

Thank you guys for all the hard work, getting the forums back up and running normally again! :)

:cheers:

Everything's not fully back to normal quite yet (static.finalgear.com which serves all site/forum images was still hosted on a temporary server last I heard), but we're getting close. :)

Everything is up and running where it should be, except for the voip boxes..

I've noticed something weird...when I try to post a new reply, nothing seems to happen with the first click of the button. It just stays on the same page, trying to load something.
If I click it again, it tells me that I'm doing a double post.

Is the problem in my TV?

I've noticed something weird...when I try to post a new reply, nothing seems to happen with the first click of the button. It just stays on the same page, trying to load something.

Is the problem in my TV?

I don't have the same problem. Must be you.

So it's virtualised now? VM's are cool, because you can have instantaneous failover to another server in the rack by simply moving the virtual machine from server to server:thumbsup:.

Yeah, it'll be a lot easier to move the site to a backup server, although that'll be rare as Titan is powerful. Only another hardware failure would make that a need.

Is the problem in my TV?

I have it too sometimes as of recently.