The Koenigsegg Trevita at Jay's garage!

avanti

Forum Addict
Car(s)
5 cars + 8 motorcycles
I feel this needs its own thread since the Jay Leno appreciation thread doesn't get the attention it deserves!

Christian Koenigsegg brings the Trevita to the garage!!

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/at-the-garage/super-cars/koenigsegg-trevita-ccxr/

trevita.jpg

Good lawd that thing is beautiful!
Fav quote: "Same power as the Veyron and only half the weight, that's all you need to know!" :lol:

That was really nice, I haven't been aware of all those little details Koenigsegg has.
And they use delightefully lot completely bespoke parts. I love that key! :D

So who do I need to kill to get my hands on it?

So who do I need to kill to get my hands on it?

Your balls I suppose, but seriously why can't we have a proper Jay Leno's Garage TV show instead of NBC's crap

Last edited:
Agreed. Jay leno hosting a proper car show would be awesome.

That has "WIN" written all over it!

That was really nice, I haven't been aware of all those little details Koenigsegg has.
And they use delightefully lot completely bespoke parts. I love that key! :D

The kay seems like it'd be a pain in the ass...I mean, you already have to basically push 4 buttons to start it, but you also have to put a badge on...what looks to be a panel behind the seat, like at the back of tha armrest? I don't get it. Just make it a transponder and make the ignotion keyless.

Other than that niggle, though, the whole rest of the car seems beautifully-crafted. Those little special bits really help give a final "polish" to the car. I will say, though, the general design is looking a little bit dated...it hasn't been around THAT long, but...

Jay Leno wandering around his so-called "Garage" (Call it what it is, dammit. It's a fucking warehouse) would make for some excellent TV for us gearheads - but unfortunately TV people think he's funny and there is no mainstream audience whatsoever for such a show.

can i just say that while i am quickly tiring of clear coated black carbonfibre from an asthetic point of view white carbonfibre is all fucking kinds of sexy

Koenigsegg has to be my all around favorite manufacturer. Sure everything they makes looks the same, but still. The Trevita and the Agera :drool:<3

Awesome video, two thumbs up, can't wait to see Justin take it out to the track

can i just say that while i am quickly tiring of clear coated black carbonfibre from an asthetic point of view white carbonfibre is all fucking kinds of sexy

Yes I'm tired of exposed carbon as well. Give me some paint!

Last edited:
Paint is too heavy :p

Clear-coat isn't weightless, and it sure ain't cheap! I remember reading a stat on the 'vette ZR1 where they mentioned that the UV-protectant clearcoat they put on the exposed CFRP roof panel is $60,000 a gallon! They didn't say how many fractions of ounces they actually use on each car, :lol: but...

wow, amazing. I wish I could sit next to them at a stoplight - I'd be so excited I knew what it was!

Whats with the m3 though - product marketing? Jays daily driver?

The stock motion Christian talks about at the beginning, that made him want to build a supercar, is called Fl?klypa Grand Prix and I went to see it 13 times at the cinemas when I was little. My best friend is lucky enough to have the main mechanic-responsibility of the original car Il Tempo Gigante and I have had the joy of sitting in it many times. It is located a secret place in Norway where I also have had my VW bug stored many years now...

http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Il_Tempo_Gigante

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M_NIIh94qI