Gran Turismo 5

Seems like they're just floating on ice when they turn.

GT5 is not about realism anymore, it's about shiney graphics, the GT5 demo was the same, driving the nissan in the demo, was like driving a car with soaps for tires, on a track made from polished wet metal surfaces.

The karting physics doesn't look that good.

After playing other kart "sims", Ive simply resigned myself to the fact that a kart is just not going to be realistic without some seriously beefy chassis-flex code. Maybe NetKar could pull it off...

Some people are discussing whether the tuning options have been dumbed down / simplified. Obviously, these are only a couple of screens out of more options, but there are indications (like the Level 1/2/3 engine tuning) that some of the options in earlier games have been combined in simpler packages, which would not be good.

Some people are discussing whether the tuning options have been dumbed down / simplified. Obviously, these are only a couple of screens out of more options, but there are indications (like the Level 1/2/3 engine tuning) that some of the options in earlier games have been combined in simpler packages, which would not be good.

Then again, seems that in exhaust system we have more to choose from in comparison to GT4. You got a point in that it wouldn't be as good if we got less alternatives for tuning, but in GT4 for almost every car I chose exactly the same upgrades and started to wish there would be some kind of auto-option to buy all the best bits with one click. Hmmm, but with that you definitely would lose some of the feeling of pimping up your ride.

Anyone remember Street Rod from C64? In that you had to screw individual bolts to make any upgrades and manually set the ignition timing for best performance. That was nice! :D

The NA engine tuning has always been level 1/2/3, and I'm sure that's what that is. It doesn't look like the tuning options have changed at all, they've just given you pretty new pictures to show you what you're doing to the car.

So much to comment on over the last 4 pages, so i'll just leave with;

Oh my god. Jizz jizz jizz. Jizzy jizzy jizz jizz jizz. Oh shit. I just jizzed on myself.

Just gonna leave this here:

206oaoo.jpg

Nice to see Infineon making a return. Should be beautiful. I hope they model it as it is in Spring - nice and green.

Gornergratbahn is a railway. Why's that in there?

@ the modding system.
I think they are just covering all the mod shops and compressing them Into GTauto. Tires, suspension, and engine seem to be pretty dumbed down. I wonder if they've finally made the mods car sensible (ie. I can't tune the ECU on a '67 cougar XR7) also, that doesn't look like any Focus ST I've ever seen.

@ the modding system.
I think they are just covering all the mod shops and compressing them Into GTauto. Tires, suspension, and engine seem to be pretty dumbed down. I wonder if they've finally made the mods car sensible (ie. I can't tune the ECU on a '67 cougar XR7) also, that doesn't look like any Focus ST I've ever seen.

Doesn't seem dumbed down to me. How so?

What is that?

It's a file directory to - I think - reference photos.

@ the modding system.

Pretty sure they use a Suburu WRX as a generic pic there. It doesn't seem dumbed down any more than the previous, remember that's just buying the parts, not configuring them.

[video=youtube;h-xLywVzcos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-xLywVzcos[/video]

Epic wheel-on-grass spinout at 3:45.

It's a compressed off screen video, but that Zonda does appear to sound good. Also looks pretty damn twitchy.

Just ordered the collectors' edition :)

[video=youtube;h-xLywVzcos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-xLywVzcos[/video]

Epic wheel-on-grass spinout at 3:45.

It's a compressed off screen video, but that Zonda does appear to sound good. Also looks pretty damn twitchy.

Yeah the race cars seem to handle on a knife-edge. Unlike Forza where you can get away with just about anything.

Just a random thought...

I was reading something in GT Planet and came across this name : amar212 - HERE ( amar212 seems to be GT Planet inside man)

I am kinda curious right now because I just spent one hour racing with someone with this GamerTag on Forza 3 ... ( Some great races to be had in the new hopper )

Last edited: