Random Thoughts....

Yesterday 3 big explosions shook window panes in my hometown of Wilhelmshaven. The reason: 27 allied water bombs of WW II, that didn't explode back then, were detonated in front of a former harbor gate. A reminder that even though the war ended almost 70 years ago, its heritage is still here.

[video]http://www.wzonline.de/index.php?id=videos&bcpid=26618340001&bclid=26656267001&bctid=833591004001&refer=homepage[/video]

Last edited:
Fun fact: This song was written by George Young and recorded by his band, The Easybeats, in 1966. George moved on to become a producer and is maybe most famous for producing the breakthrough albums of the band his younger brothers, Angus and Malcolm, formed: AC/DC.

Last edited:
Who the hell is that?

And no, I won't watch the video that everyone seems to be posting, I just want a bit of backstory.

(brb listening to Bohemian Rhapsody)

Terrible. Just terrible.

And I just listened to Bohemian Rhapsody a few hours ago.

WI just want a bit of backstory.

Let me quote our very own MWF

Trust me you aren't missing anything.

In a nutshell just another spoilt American teen whose parents have more money than sense and have paid a production company huge amounts of money so their precious little princess can have a chance at pop stardom.

I would name her but then curiosity would get the better of you and you'd end up hearing her "song". Which would breach all international conventions on human rights, and probably a few health and safety regulations to boot.

Let me quote our very own MWF

Rrrrrrrright... so the ultimative verdict is "nuke her from orbit" then. I'm not touching the video without a fully charged HEV suit.

Speaking of Queen songs, I have a feeling the people behind these so-called "stars" have completely misunderstood the message of one particular song.

Last edited:
Rrrrrrrright... so the ultimative verdict is "nuke her from orbit" then. I'm not touching the video without a fully charged HEV suit.

You can get better Auto-Tuned music from news/Charlie Sheen than that girl

[video=youtube;-fmwxaBjFGM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fmwxaBjFGM[/video]

1219834185_75SEg-L.jpg

Go Casey!

Last edited:
What the hell is going on with music these days?

I mean fuck! Whip My Hair by Willow Smith? Justin Beiber? And now Friday by Rebecca Black.

Seriously?

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2011/03/18/wtf_is_this_shit_The_Rules_Of_Trolling-s400x297-128287-580.jpg

It gets worse:

Rebecca Black said:
She's now planning on recording an acoustic version of Friday in a bid to convince people she can sing after being criticised for her heavily Auto-Tuned vocals in the single.
src: http://www.metro.co.uk/music/858451...t-friday-haters-and-refuses-to-quit-as-singer

Rebecca Black said:
She's now planning on recording an acoustic version of Friday in a bid to convince people she can sing after being criticised for her heavily Auto-Tuned vocals in the single.

brilliant.jpg

Can't wait for her to fail

The weather is lovely right now. So lovely, infact, that I just stood outside on the pavement, looking down on top of a hill for 10 minutes without moving, just admiring the view whilst listening to Sigur Ros' Untitled #1. Everything about that moment just worked so well that a tear nearly came into my eye; it was magic.

I probably looked like a complete prick standing there, but I didn't care. It was one of those moments that reminded you what you lived for.

I probably also look like a prick for posting something as cheesy as this, but again, I don't care.

Last edited:
What the hell is going on with music these days?

I mean fuck! Whip My Hair by Willow Smith? Justin Beiber? And now Friday by Rebecca Black.

Seriously?

The good music is still out there. But it's not played on the radio and unlike in earlier times you cannot go into a record shop anymore, where you meet a guy, who actually knows something about music and can recommend you new stuff.

So whenever I hear something I like, I go to great lengths to find out, what it is. TV is a good source sometimes. I mean the music they use for documentaries and shows sometimes (Top Gear is always an inspiration for me in that way). Yesterday for example I saw a documentary about a train journey from Istanbul to Damascus and it had a very catchy, instrumental, new-age-like tune.

So I actually wrote an e-mail to the TV station to find out about what it is. And today they replied and I'm currently listen the mp3, which I just bought at amazon.de. I also ordered the album of the artist that piece is from on CD.

As I said: The good music is still out there but you must go to great lengths finding it.