The "Things that annoy me" thread

Let me know when there’s a sub-€10,000 electric car that has a range of 500km, thanks.

Furthermore, yes, I have heard people complain about how this charger isn’t fast or this number of kilowatts.

Or when it doesn't work or you need yet another account, app, tag or perhaps an adapter because you have a car with a stupid plug on it or something.

[feeding fuel on the fire]

hey, just having fun as well. :D

My new refrigerator, which we really like, has DRM for the replacement water filters.

What brand is it so I can avoid that brand for everything!

What brand is it so I can avoid that brand for everything!
GE.

There's the XWF filters, and the XWFE filters. Ours needs the (slightly) more expensive XWFE. Literally, the only difference is the RFID. It makes it so that the dispenser's system may halt the dispenser and ice maker function at 6 months (depending on the model), and prevents the use of 3rd party (re: much cheaper) filters.

Some say that their dispenser's display just switches from "days remaining of filter life" to "days since the end of filter's life" or something like it, and some have said their dispenser and ice maker simply stop working at that point. Apparently there's a "bypass" filter unit that just doesn't filter the water. Then, you'd have to install an outboard filter between the supply and the fridge, but then you're free to use any filter you want.

I've read from some random post that this was done as a CYA after some legislation or lawsuit somewhere that made them accountable if someone got sick from ingesting water from an old filter that actually contaminated the water (which is something that can happen), but have no source for this claim.

Last edited:
My new washing machine has wi-fi and an app. Yet the main display is the same “figure 8” LED stuff we’ve had on appliances for decades. It says things like “Cd” which is code for “cool down” after the drying cycle. Is it too much to ask to get a monochrome OLED pixel display or something that tells you in human language what‘s what?

Also the main selector dial has a ring of LEDs around it, each LED pointing to text printed on the panel around the dial. Fair enough. But you have to look at it from a 45 degree angle standing up. This is what you’ll see if you look at it straight on, like when you’re bent over loading the machine. Wash+dry or tub clean? Nobody knows.

77BB9951-7A63-4B14-AFEA-D8D657A14450.jpeg

It sounds like it was done for cost cutting. Putting in spoken language costs money and you have to manage all of them.

I browsed one of my food delivery apps for a little while before deciding not to order. About 20 minutes later I got a push notification from the app asking if I didn't want to order anyway.

This is the kind of shit that makes me not use your service. It's like when WinZip or something thinks it's important enough to install a background process with a tray icon.

I browsed one of my food delivery apps for a little while before deciding not to order. About 20 minutes later I got a push notification from the app asking if I didn't want to order anyway.
Sometimes I'll add an item to the cart that I want to buy, and then I'll leave the site for a while. Sometimes they'll email a 5-10% off coupon, which then I'll use for the thing I was going to buy anyway. :lmao: So it's my fault you get those, because I make the system think they work.

Last edited:
Found on Redfin, a real estate listing website, for a $1 million home:

1666302829975.png

Here's Kevin Hart, doing an an impression of Kevin Hart using this sink.
1666302907131.png

Electric car fanatics......jeesus.

'They are affordable for everyone know' sure....everyone can afford a 30k brandnew car only to end up in a tiny plastic soupcan.

'You can go anywhere in them'......sure, as long as you never stray to far from your village, like a good little square.....South of France or the Highlands in one charge? Forget about it.

'Electricity is cheap' , no it just fucking is not, studies show that in this country with it's terrible power management, driving electric is the most expensive way to go currently, this is calculated on home charging only, forget about the fees on public charging post.

'You can charge anywhere' How many public charging point are there in this town? Answer: it's none.

What they really get annoyed about is when you mention that the whole electric car lark is a huge step backwards and that governements are using it to low-key restrict our freedom......conspiracy theorist! Tin hat! Fool!

Sure buddy, stay nice and complayant, nice and quiet, a good little citisen, never causing a fuss, be sure you pay your taxes on time now you hear! So they can spend it on people here to replace you.

Last edited: