Ownership Verified: 1965 Ford Anglia

It lets the DVLA know what cars are on the road and what ones shouldn't be there using NPR cameras.

Yearly renewal is understandable paper discs make no sense though because the ANPR system uses the DVLA central database. I'd say it's to stop a member of the fuzz (who doesn't have an ANPR camera handy) having to check on the computer if any given car has valid tax, but if it was that easy every car would have a fake tax disc and would avoid ANPR cameras. :p

Yeah definitely - the average fuzz won't know when a car is from, even if it looks classic it could be a '76 or something. You need the system for admin and the disc for the fuzz on foot.

Not knowing much about the whole tax exemption on classic cars, isn't it a bit odd that you keep having to go back for tax discs when you aren't paying any tax?

I like the fact you can get either 6 or 12 months still.

So, here we go, final push! The rest of the parts came from the paint shop today, however tomorrow I leave for University, so a bit of a push to get the two man jobs done this evening. On that note, today:
Headlamp surrounds fitted
Headlamp chrome brows fitted
Rear side windows fitted
anglia255_zps48f059b8.jpg

Boot seal fitted
Boot fitted
NOS painted petrol cap fitted
anglia254_zps11909dd7.jpg

Bonnet fitted. (By far, the most nerve wracking experience of this build so far).
anglia256_zps68edfd72.jpg

My father is taking a break as well, so tools down for a while before the final things to finish it:

Newly fitted panels (bonnet and boot) need a mop to bring the paint to standard
Boot needs adjusting
Boot badges
Boot handle
Bonnet vent
Quarterlights
Door windows
Door window channels
Door cards.

That's it, and it's DONE! :D (For the time being...) Expect some updates in a couple of weeks.

anglia253_zps4bee5d23.jpg

Last edited:
Well, we've been questioned a few times if we intend to use this car properly after the restoration. I think today is good proof we will! Came home from a short break, weather was lovely and sunny, so, perfect time to start the running in period, don't you think?

(Of course, in our desperate hurry to drive the car we set off with the windows, door cards, quarter lights, boot handle, bonnet vent, badges etc. unfitted! It was rather drafty, but well worth it).

anglia268_zpsd58ea139.jpg

anglia267_zps39bff9f5.jpg

anglia266_zpsee4e799c.jpg

anglia265_zps255be395.jpg

anglia264_zpsae9a4a1c.jpg

anglia263_zpsc6efed2b.jpg

anglia262_zps54b0f795.jpg

anglia261_zps41fb9396.jpg

anglia260_zps0c8078d2.jpg

anglia271_zps5eefebe9.jpg

anglia270_zps55fc327f.jpg

anglia269_zps00d5fabb.jpg

Also: Brand new, re-manufactured scuff plates fitted.
anglia259_zpsccc1adff.jpg

What does a factory fresh '65 anglia do in 2013 brittain? Or did you travel back in time with it?

(Of course, in our desperate hurry to drive the car we set off with the windows, door cards, quarter lights, boot handle, bonnet vent, badges etc. unfitted! It was rather drafty, but well worth it).

Ford Anglia "Superleggera".

Just wanted to say, that this is one of those threads that I've never clicked on, for some reason. Then I watched a Car SOS episode with Anglia, and it rang a bell :)

It's a very cool little car in seriously impressive condition! Great images too. Makes be want to take a proper camera with me now, whenever I'm working on the car.

Just wanted to say, that this is one of those threads that I've never clicked on, for some reason. Then I watched a Car SOS episode with Anglia, and it rang a bell :)

It's a very cool little car in seriously impressive condition! Great images too. Makes be want to take a proper camera with me now, whenever I'm working on the car.

Thanks a lot! I find making the thread has been very useful, especially updating on the same day the work is done, as it allows for a diary to built up. The thread, and my photograph everything approach, came in handy during the rebuild as well.

In other news, you may recall the red Anglia, CYD. Yesterday my brother dropped it off at the garage of a mutual friend for some inner sill welding before the MOT next month:
SDC12757_zps7254c63a.jpg

So we'll see how that goes!

Is El CYD getting a re-spray too?

Back to the original blue, perhaps?

:smile:

Well, CYD has a whole host of bits and bobs that need doing, notably a new boot, and a new driver's door. I think it will be getting a respray, but not for a few years. I hope I can convince my brother to go back to Aqua Blue, but I think he likes the attention the red brings too much! :p

Also, a friend of mine suggested I remove the power lines and other modern railway paraphernalia from this picture to make it look older. Half an hour with photoshop, and I think it looks much better!

Before:
anglia269_zps00d5fabb.jpg

After:
Notrees_zps77211691.jpg

Unfortunately I'm not good enough to photoshop in a steam train. :p

100 Ugliest Cars of All Time

94. 1959 Ford Anglia: Everything that was wrong with American styling of the late-1950s is even worse on a tiny British Ford. The roof line seems to die of embarrassment at the rear window.

Utter bollocks!