FinalGear Around the World Care Package!

There's 33 people already. Would have to be quite a big and heavy one for all the signatures to fit.

Poster of a Viper!

I thought the idea was to have the "Roaming Gnome" sort of thing going?

How can you take a picture of yourself with a poster and expect to be in any sort of good condition after months in the post?

Hmmm, I missed the part that involves taking a picture. That said, we could take a picture of us with the box, and just sign the poster. Or not bother with the picture.

That said, now that you mention condition, Folding and unfolding the poster a ton will probably end poorly (for the poster).

EDIT:Unless we use/reuse a tube, but then that really limits how much other stuff can go in. And tubes sometimes have higher shipping rates.

Last edited:
post tube. Unroll, roll. But going to be harder to take a pic with it.

Just remember not to send something too cool out, because not all postal workers / neighbourhoods / delivery people etc are above board, and someone might decide to appropriate it if they work it out.

The original idea from the IRC discussion was to send a disposable camera around with a bear, take pic with the bear, pass it on. Figured that it would be better (and easier) just to send the bear since most people have cameras these days, and all the pics get uploaded to a single thread.

I think we should include something for the next member like a postcard with a quick message, sorta like a pay it forward thing.

I was thinking along the lines of the geo-caching idea. Something small and inexpensive.

Also, if it's going to go back and forth all over, we're going to have to be careful to make sure no one gets forgotten. And yes, this does involve giving our your address to one person (ie the one sending it to you). You do have the right of veto on that person if it makes you feel uncomfortable. Also if you want only a 'within local area' selection, or a specific person. And no, you can't all send stuff to the same person :p

Hey, I'm the OP and I say we use a diecast blue convertible Viper SRT-10. :p

I think whatever item it is needs to be large enough to be seen in pictures, but light enough to not cost too much postage.

How about we send around an unfinished model and everyone puts on a peice. :eek: :p :tease:

How about we send around an unfinished model and everyone puts on a peice. :eek: :p :tease:

Not all of us, have model building skills/experience. It could go the way of a clusterfuck and I don't want to be THAT guy who messes it up. I'm sure others will feel the same.

Go with the diecast model idea. But make it a small one.

All those silly emoticons should have indicated that I was joking.......

Not sure how easy (read cheap) it would be to GPS tag the thing and plot its route live?

I'd be in on this as well..

Make it something light and durable. Tbh a fluffy toy is fine, something that turns out well in photographs and is instantly recognizable.

Also something that is relatively unique and can't be faked, if accidentally set on fire or something. What? You never know.

I have shipped thousands of shirts across the globe for FG over the past couple years, so I will write up a shipping guide/info thing later today and post it to help everyone out.
Fast bit of info: Don't try to ship from US->EU->US->EU. It is expensive, time consuming, and will be seized by customs (and charged a fee to the recipient each time it hits the border).

Keep the package within the country, then send to next country, then across the ocean. Germany is the most reliable to ship to/from (in terms of speed and delivery rate).

Will post more later tonight...