Idiots + cars = LOL

such a bloke accident! but it was a women driving...
(she was fine, btw)

Well, there are certainly different types of bad driving styles: if there is someone with bad spacial awareness like that video shows it's more often a woman than a man, causing accidents because of not knowing how long/wide their car or an opening is, while men tend to drive faster and more aggressive, causing accidents because mostly of speeding and/or aggression.
This. Basically behind the wheel men are aggressive assholes and women are obliviots. Both crash but for different reasons.

Insurance industry stats prove that female drivers have a higher number of claims but on average they are for lower speed incidents with less damage. Women crash more often but men do so much more expensively.

Idiots + cars = LOL

Male mentality, go big or go home...

Lately though, I?ve encountered a decent share of high speed aggressive women drives, too. They?re the only ones in my travels that will ride my bumper until I can let them by. The they fly by. I?m already 10-15 over, what do you want? Guys on the other will change lanes a bit more or fly along the left lane if it?s empty.

Truckers lately have gotten worse. They?re becoming more aware of their size and will change lanes with a lot less room than before causing people to over react and brake more than required.

Last edited:
I think that I've mentioned this on FinalGear before, but... the more years I've added, the less tolerant of idiots (here, unfocused drivers) I've become.
First, running up on my back bumper will get you a light left foot on the brake pedal while holding pace with the right foot.
Just following too close in light traffic (say, 1 car length at 55 mph with the left lane open to pass will get you my latest, favorite trick. I hold speed and give the following car plenty of time to either back off or pass. If he/she won't budge, I signal, move to the open left lane and brake hard. This sends them past like a bullet, usually with a confused look out the driver's window! And, JFTR, I'd say that 80% of them are female. I've found that females will often close on the car ahead and then slow to the same speed. I can't explain this, unless it's that they simply don't like to pass other vehicles...

such a bloke accident! but it was a women driving...
(she was fine, btw)

You sure about that? I seem to recall an article saying she was gravely injured when that video made the rounds a few years ago.

This. Basically behind the wheel men are aggressive assholes and women are obliviots. Both crash but for different reasons.

I'd like to point out that this is changing. It isn't necessarily based on demographics of the gender but women are starting to get more aggressive. This isn't the 90's anymore folks. This past week I've quite literally seen 2:1 ratio of aggressive females drivers vs male on the tollway on my commute. Perhaps this isn't the case in Boston but down here it most certainly is changing.

I'd like to point out that this is changing. It isn't necessarily based on demographics of the gender but women are starting to get more aggressive. This isn't the 90's anymore folks. This past week I've quite literally seen 2:1 ratio of aggressive females drivers vs male on the tollway on my commute. Perhaps this isn't the case in Boston but down here it most certainly is changing.

Not to discount your experience but what you are saying is anecdotal and not statistically significant.

Not to discount your experience but what you are saying is anecdotal and not statistically significant.

Possibly. It is still interesting. :)

You sure about that? I seem to recall an article saying she was gravely injured when that video made the rounds a few years ago.

fine as in she survived without any lasting effects...

In MA we get people sitting in the left lane for no reason when the other lanes are empty. I've also seen people driving in the empty middle lane, suddenly switch to the left lane for no apparent reason - I go into the middle lane to pass them, wondering wth they just did.

You drive on the wrong side of the road.

It might have something to do with it.

In MA we get people sitting in the left lane for no reason when the other lanes are empty. I've also seen people driving in the empty middle lane, suddenly switch to the left lane for no apparent reason - I go into the middle lane to pass them, wondering wth they just did.

A particular behavior I hate (and I see quite often on my commute back home) is people merging on a 3 lane highway, barely accelerating to the speed limit, yet still switching right away to the middle lane when there is nobody in front of them in the right lane and I'm quite obviously accelerating faster then them.

So either I foresee them doing this, stay in the right lane and pass them on the right, or if I already started moving to the middle lane to pass them and they still merge in front of me, I then have to move to the left lane almost right away (if it's clear of course).

Edit : 4000th post :blink:

Last edited:
A particular behavior I hate (and I see quite often on my commute back home) is people merging on a 3 lane highway, barely accelerating to the speed limit, yet still switching right away to the middle lane when there is nobody in front of them in the right lane and I'm quite obviously accelerating faster then them.

So either I foresee them doing this, stay in the right lane and pass them on the right, or if I already started moving to the middle lane to pass them and they still merge in front of me, I then have to move to the left lane almost right away (if it's clear of course).

I believe these are the same people who will stop in the middle of aisle while in a store or, walk incredibly slow on the sidewalk. These to me are the self absorbed assholes that have no spatial awareness that they?re an obstacle in a dangerous situation.

I believe these are the same people who will stop in the middle of aisle while in a store or, walk incredibly slow on the sidewalk. These to me are the self absorbed assholes that have no spatial awareness that they?re an obstacle in a dangerous situation.

These fucktards that do that really REALLY chap my hide. I've gotten to the point now where I let them know my disdain for them and their actions on the spot.

You don't 'show them disdain' dude.....far to polite and far to easy a fate for them.....