No 56k: Parked like an idiot

Simple solution: Let the passenger(s) get out first, then drive in very close to the right wall and voil?: Enough space on one side to let the driver in or out.

Is being practised in every parking lot dozens of times each day and frankly many garages at home aren't wider, too.

Last edited:
Yeah, you sure can somehow make this work, but in my mind this is not what a car park is for.

In 99% of the car parks I have ever been, if you are in the middle of the spot and the drivers next to you are too, everybody just can get out of the car no problem. And even if you drove to the right it would be quite a squeeze to get out of the Vectra - just imagine trying to exit a 5 Series in that spot...

In my garage at home people used to get out before I drove in because I had a 3-Door car, but it's no problem with the Golf and a 4-Door like the Vectra (smaller doors...) would also be okay to get out of once the car is parked inside.

It's a poor design. Yes, it's not going to trap you in there forever. But it doesn't change the poor design. Reversing blindly into traffic is not the best of options.

It's a poor design. Yes, it's not going to trap you in there forever. But it doesn't change the poor design. Reversing blindly into traffic is not the best of options.
It is a poor design. It's not ridiculously ridiculous for a parking lot, though. The right mirrors in the right places could improve visibility, too.

This discussion reminds me about hollywood movies in which a man is walking across a street and all of the cars just honk the horn instead of hitting the brakes. It's a parking garage not a race track.

Most parking garages here were built in times, when the width of cars was about 20 cm less than today.

Last edited:
That Garage was built about 4 years earlier than the car in the Picture ;)

@thevictor390: Exactly that.

With most of the pictures here there is a solution to find a parking space despite idiots parking badly, why are there no "that's not that bad" discussions?

I just thought it was funny, so I put it here :)

Last edited:
Most parking garages here were built in times, when the width of cars was about 20 cm less than today.

Not in my corner of the world.

It's probably more a case of 'we had that spot left over between the ramp and the pillar anyway, might as well put a number on it and call it a parking space"
Remember underground parkinglots are expensive, every m? counts and will get used.

It's probably more a case of 'we had that spot left over between the ramp and the pillar anyway, might as well put a number on it and call it a parking space"
Remember underground parkinglots are expensive, every m? counts and will get used.

Good spot for a couple of bikes (motor kind naturally)

Seen yesterday:

Welcome to Italy: The BMW on the left was backing out without even having a look if someone was behind him or not and the Fiat in Front was superbly parked. I was very tempted to just park into the free spot on the right to block the idiot Fiat in, but this beeing Italy the driver probably would simply reverse crash into my car to get free, so I took another parking spot nearby...
http://img135.imageshack.**/img135/2381/1parking.jpg

...and one minute later: there she is. Of course.
http://img151.imageshack.**/img151/9577/2parking.jpg