Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

You're my damned hero. I'm now officially driving out to Vancouver for the express purpose of seeing your new ride. :lol:

Like I said, just let me know when you get out here and what your schedule is like and we can meet up for a beer or something.

A few pictures from the ad:
0009032156.jpg

0009032156_.jpg

0009032156__.jpg

It's black with a yellow leather interior, which looks better in person than it does in the photos. And it's loaded with gadgets. And of course the creamy smooth 2.8l straight six.

That's not yellow, that's beige/taupe, etc...and possibly the best interior trim color....in the worldddd.

Congrats on the new ride though. :)

The yellow plates would scare me off :p

Last edited:
Dutch people.......

Seriously, congratulations Adu......but yellow? Really? :p
You do realize yellow is not the same as orange right? Right?

Last edited:
Beige seats are fine, as long as the dashboard is black.

Those seats probably look 15 times better in real life than in any photos. They always do.

And for the record HighVoltage, there's nothing wrong with a beige interior. :p I miss my old V70 sometimes, especially when my current one has been parked in the sun.

Those seats probably look 15 times better in real life than in any photos. They always do.

And for the record HighVoltage, there's nothing wrong with a beige interior. :p I miss my old V70 sometimes, especially when my current one has been parked in the sun.
Yeah those seats look like they would be the same color as my couch, they are probably much lighter IRL.

Does anyone actually ever take the time to do this?

I drove a hybrid Auris with a similar system, it's hilariously slow and beeps all over the place if you don't use it as shown. Just parking yourself (with or without the help of the camera, let alone the "park here" lines) is a billion times quicker

Backing in is also illegal in many jurisdictions.

And as such, should be mocked! Amidoinitrite?

Beige seats are fine, as long as the dashboard is black.

This. Great find Adu, at a nice price aswell. I assume the mileage is up there for that sort of monies?

I assume the mileage is up there for that sort of monies?

A smidge under 300K, which is doable, since I don't expect to drive this for much more than 5000km annually.

Cleaned out the inside of the Kangoo today and I found a parking ticket. From June. 2000.

The car was only built in November 1999! :blink:

I drove down this today in the Galaxy.

http://img822.imageshack.**/img822/6708/jjjjy.jpg

It's steeper than it looks, the brakes were on all the way down.

The Panda would have no chance in either direction. :(

My Crown Vic could probably climb that at something like 1/10th throttle. 285 lb ft and a 3.55 diff FTW.

I drove down this today in the Galaxy.

http://img822.imageshack.**/img822/6708/jjjjy.jpg

It's steeper than it looks, the brakes were on all the way down.

The Panda would have no chance in either direction. :(

No hill descent control in the Galaxy?

My Crown Vic could probably climb that at something like 1/10th throttle. 285 lb ft and a 3.55 diff FTW.

My Ford would probably do that at idle. The big XK-engined XJ6 would probably also do it at or close to idle; the XJR would need a bit of throttle to overcome the parasitic loss of the blower.

Why does full throttle torque matter when going at 1/10th throttle? Gear selection should be more relevant than the diff as well.

No hill descent control in the Galaxy?

There is, it's called shifting down.

Why does full throttle torque matter when going at 1/10th throttle? Gear selection should be more relevant than the diff as well.

There is, it's called shifting down.

Last I checked, wasn't his Galaxy a diesel without an exhaust brake and therefore incapable of significant engine braking?

Last edited: