Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

^ We used to have a Thread called something like :

?You know you watch too much Top Gear when ??

:lol:

No, that doesn't fall under watching too much TG. I'll tell you what does: I can never remember how an American is supposed to pronounce "Prius." "Fiat" also comes out all British-like. It makes me feel very stupid.

Speaking of the Prius . . . I'm all for making cars more environmentally friendly, but even I don't like this thing. It's so damn smug! Just for fun, Dave and I got into one at the car show (I can't remember which model, though). In exploring it, we discovered that there is one cupholder in the front. Just one. We decided that even Toyota must think that Prius drivers don't have friends. :D

Am I the only one who would like to see the return of the TG Survey and its coverage on the show?

richard hammond looks like that girl from tokyo hotel

seg.bmp

normal_15-bill-kaulitz-tokio-hotel.jpg

Last edited:
i hope you know thats a boy in Tokio Hotel

Also Barnes&Noble has seasons 10 11 and 12 on DVD...

Yesterday my buddy Dave and I discovered that it is possible to go to a car show and converse almost entirely in Top Gear quotes. For example, "Yes, I'd like to get in the back. Oh, I can't. I have legs."

I've soooo gotta do that!

I just saw a Google ad where someone types in stuff in the search bar, and one of the suggested things was "who is the stig".

No, that doesn't fall under watching too much TG. I'll tell you what does: I can never remember how an American is supposed to pronounce "Prius." "Fiat" also comes out all British-like. It makes me feel very stupid.

How do we all pronounce Fiat and Prius anyways?

I pronounce Fiat as "fee it" and Prius as "pre iss". They've just sounded correct to me.

Every freakin' person around says "Fee ah t". Really people?

James May is on HIGNFY in ten minutes on BBC2.

I think this is a new series, but no posting on the TG Forum.

Is this a new one or repeat? :?

How do we all pronounce Fiat and Prius anyways?

I pronounce Fiat as "fee it" and Prius as "pre iss". They've just sounded correct to me.

Every freakin' person around says "Fee ah t". Really people?

I do believe it's Fee aht, I have one. But as for the Prius I have always pronounced it Pre uss.

James May is on HIGNFY in ten minutes on BBC2.

I think this is a new series, but no posting on the TG Forum.

Is this a new one or repeat? :?

Gotta be a repeat, because Mock the Week has a new series going, and IIRC they don't overlap.

^ Yeah, a repeat. MTW and QI are running new series, it was the Dominic West one again, boo. :(

I was gonna say.

Anyway, I was at the chiro yesterday and saw a book by Bill Bryson (I'm A Stranger Here Myself, to be exact). Was a bit amused by seeing it, and my mind went to James's rant on him.

I was gonna say.

Anyway, I was at the chiro yesterday and saw a book by Bill Bryson (I'm A Stranger Here Myself, to be exact). Was a bit amused by seeing it, and my mind went to James's rant on him.

I actually like Bill Bryson, he seems to be a genuinely happy and inquisitive man but I totally get James' rant about him. There are a section of Americans who are very, "Gee, your accent is so cute!" Which while very sweet, is also quite annoying.

Lulz. I remember that episode...