Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

Just a quick reminder to new members that the TG Spoilers Forum has to be opted in, so you have to join via the User CP and Groups Membership process.
(You can't see it until you join.)

NOTE: If you hear of any TG filming activity for S15, please DO NOT post it in the main TG forum, this is against FG rules & gets people really cross.

:)

Last edited:
BBC America aired the VW suicide advert from S13E7. However, they failed to show the Cool Wall (but aired Hamster introducing the Aston Martin end segment whilst stuck in the cherry picker).

^ Now there's some bizarre editing. (That, along with cutting car sauna while keeping Michael MacIntyre.)

^ Hopefully when they release Series 13 on DVD (and going by the pop-up that says one can pre-order Series 13, it looks like it will), they'll put all of the edited stuff in. I'm sure the BBCA viewers who don't torrent would get a kick out of car sauna.

Watch on Monday night, they'll probably take out the news clip from 14x1 where Jeremy tries to sit on the cardboard crapper.

Haha I was watching that ep on Dave and they edited it the same way... clever!

What I really don't get is why people hate Top Ground Gear Force so much.
It has nothing to do with cars, sure, and it was scripted obviously.
But still, you can't not script this kind of thing, and of course a sport relief special has nothing to do with cars. It doesn't take away from it being hilarious for me, and I really don't see why everyone seems to detest it. Fill me in?

This is from the Top Gear facebook page: "For those of you have been asking, Top Gear is back in July."

What I really don't get is why people hate Top Ground Gear Force so much.

Go here for my reasoning.

This is from the Top Gear facebook page: "For those of you have been asking, Top Gear is back in July."

At least they're waiting until after the Cup. On the other hand, it'll be a very short break between the end of 15 and the start of filming for 16 (unless they do the bulk of it during the Cup itself, which they probably will).

Here's a very random thought, brought about by a long wait to get a punctured tyre fixed with only a TV listings magazine for company:

In the week commencing 13th March, the number of opportunities for someone in the UK to sit down in front of an episode of Top Gear = 49. The total number of opportunities to watch any show featuring a Top Gear presenter = 58.

That's quite a lot.

BBC America aired the VW suicide advert from S13E7. However, they failed to show the Cool Wall (but aired Hamster introducing the Aston Martin end segment whilst stuck in the cherry picker).
They also aired the infamous "Warsaw to Berlin in one tank" ad that got the guys into trouble.

I have the feeling they're getting lax on the censoring, maybe because people complained? :p

^^ I read about the complaints over the "Berlin to Warsaw" advert. I think the Europeans are a bit more sensitive about WWII than the Americans.

Tonight's (March 22) the "Geoff" episode. I wonder how Beeb America will handle the bits with the face-painted cock.

I just noticed some funneh I didn't before: in the segment where they modify that Renault Avantime, James is banging something in the wheel well with a hammer! :lol::D

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the directors cut version of the south america special? Is that worth staying up for to watch it now, rather than tomorrow?

TG's the best car show ever IMO, what do you think will happen to the presenters in the next 5? 10? years? top gear will most likely be gone or be replaced by something.

I loved the Car Sauna bit. It came out right as my car's a/c went out, soooooo...

...aw sad sweaty coco. :(

sorrry

Last edited:
TOP Gear host Jeremy Clarkson has been invited to join the ?grey Brigade? when he turns 50 on Sunday.

Saga, which looks after oldies? holidays and insurance, wants him to ditch his car and have a holiday on trains, cruise ships or a hot air balloon.

A spokeswoman said: ?Let?s see if he can keep up with our over-50s travellers!?

I want to hear what his response to them is.