Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

Neither work. One is private, the other has been removed.

BNn1xkECUAAUeMf.jpg:large

Jeremy tweeted this pic with "Two straight men in the office today." Love it! :D

I never buy the mag, because it's rubbish. But this months comes with James Car Fever book. So I bought it.

Geeky time! Did anyone notice episode 2 of season 20, during the news. The wide camera shot for James and Richard was out of focus? The close ups were ok. I couldn't ignore it once I saw it...

outoffocus.png

infocusjm.png

infocusrh.png

You notice the seat they're on is in focus but they're not.

Oh and yeah, that's how interested I was this week.

Last edited:
How can you improve on Perfection

How can you improve on Perfection

I love the show, the chemistry between the 3 of them is great, my favourite has to be when they go away the Africa special was absolutely hilarious:D

Finalgear.com Episode Voting Stats on Top Gear

Finalgear.com Episode Voting Stats on Top Gear

I just don't look forward to Top Gear now, with anything like the enthusiasm I did 5 or 6 years ago; so I thought I'd look at some statistics from this site to see if my waning enthusiasm is an aberration or not. From series 11 onwards the Finalgear.com ratings and number of votes cast for each episode have been published on the episode list accessed from the site's home page. So the stats I have are from series 11 onwards. They have just been plugged into excel in order to draw some graphs:

FinalGearRatings_zps7452d927.jpg

The average rating (or score) doesn't seem to show much change over the last 9 and a bit series, other than becoming a little more variable. What has changed is the number of votes cast for each episode, which has slumped to half the number from series 17 onwards (ie: early 2011 onwards). I don't know if this has anything to do with the television program, this site and its inhabitants, or both. Interestingly (although not unexpectedly) there is a good correlation between the number of votes cast and the average (rating) score from this site.

My rough conclusion. People are more likely to visit this site and vote if they liked (enjoyed) an episode. Less people are visiting this site and voting now than in the past. My waning enthusiasm is not an aberration.

I just don't look forward to Top Gear now, with anything like the enthusiasm I did 5 or 6 years ago; so I thought I'd look at some statistics from this site to see if my waning enthusiasm is an aberration or not. From series 11 onwards the Finalgear.com ratings and number of votes cast for each episode have been published on the episode list accessed from the site's home page. So the stats I have are from series 11 onwards. They have just been plugged into excel in order to draw some graphs:

FinalGearRatings_zps7452d927.jpg

The average rating (or score) doesn't seem to show much change over the last 9 and a bit series, other than becoming a little more variable. What has changed is the number of votes cast for each episode, which has slumped to half the number from series 17 onwards (ie: early 2011 onwards). I don't know if this has anything to do with the television program, this site and its inhabitants, or both. Interestingly (although not unexpectedly) there is a good correlation between the number of votes cast and the average (rating) score from this site.

My rough conclusion. People are more likely to visit this site and vote if they liked (enjoyed) an episode. Less people are visiting this site and voting now than in the past. My waning enthusiasm is not an aberration.

Yay for stats! Thanks for calculating them. :)

GerFix, are the stats collected somewhere or did you have to enter them manually? I'd like to take a look a those but focus on 1)series openers only and 2) in-series trends.

GerFix, are the stats collected somewhere or did you have to enter them manually? I'd like to take a look a those but focus on 1)series openers only and 2) in-series trends.

I had to enter them manually, but I can mail you the excel file if you like.