Random Thoughts....

Right, bad news I'm afraid. The Aero 8 didn't come in, because the owner was busy, so I wasn't working/had a ride in that. Instead we had an old +8, which wasn't in good nick. It had been sitting in a barn for the past 3 years, and needed more than a service. Well possibly be doing more work on it tomorrow. Other than that, not much to report. The test drive wasn't that quick due to roadworks and lots of traffic, plus the fact that the main problem was with the brakes - the front right ones don't work...

I'm going to hopefully be taking in a camera on Friday, and will be uploading them to the internets. Its a real shame that the Aero 8 didn't come in today, I was really looking forward to that.

:lol: No. This one has been neglected all its life. 15k miles on the clock, built in 1968. I wouldn't want that one second hand.

Just noticed one of the admin has put a word filter on ped0bear.

Seems strange on such a laid back forum that doesn't use swear filters or anything. I know it's a tired joke thats not funny to some people, but that could be said about pretty much half the content in the off topic section.

Not complaining, just an observation.

I believe this is Quiky's doing. He got upset at the frequency with which the meme appeared in the Funny Pictures thread, and said he'd ban anyone who brought it up again.

Which reminds me, goodbye Quadrax! It was nice knowing you. :lol:

Sorry to change the tone a bit:

Today I heard that one of the guys I went to primary/elementary school with, who recently became a father, just killed his (ex-)girlfriend/mother of the child, then called her parents and told them that they had to take care of the kid now, because something terrible had happened. Appearantly she recently dumped him and he couldn't handle that.

Holy fuck, seriously, HOLY FUCK!

^ Hmm, what can one say? I've had my fair share of family troubles but I can't imagine how messed up you need to be to resort to such things. We all love and oftentimes lose that love, but to kill the person you loved because they don't love you anymore?

The saddest part is obviously the little kid, who is quite possibly going to grow up with major problems and maybe even end up with a similar fate as the father. :(

I think one of the most dangerous things in the world is how every man and woman are able to procreate. Really only a smallish percentage of the world should bring a child into this world.

Yeah, it's hard to wrap one's head around this. I mean I didn't had any contact to the guy for years, well since the times at school, but still remember that we always played the newest console games, parents had a pool, two Ferraris, an old Rolls. Weird shit..

Woohoo...Just orderd new shorts and shoes off da' frickin' net! These aren't even made anymore and were a bitch to find!

I wish I was still in 8th grade and wore skate shoes. Good times..

I hope I never have kids, because I'll still be in the motorcycle restoration mentality and will want to disassemble everything with a 50-piece socket wrench. Like so:

babies.png

Yeah, and when you put them back together there is always some parts left over. <_<

I'm sure Adunaphel can relate...

So what if you go and buy kitchen knives at a store and are carrying them around until you get home?

That's what I was thinking...you need a special license to "transport" the knife from the store to your house?:?

1000g milk
1000g cream
750g egg yolks
625g sugar
6 strips of cooked bacon

Method of procedure:
-Thoroughly cook bacon, keep warm.
-Bring milk and cream to a boil.
-Add bacon to the hot dairy.
-Cover and infuse for 4 hours.
-Strain out bacon.
-Bring baconed dairy back to a boil.
-Whisk yolk and sugar together.
-Temper hot dairy into yolks mixture.
-Pour back into the dairy.
-Cook over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon till it reaches
nappe (coats the spoon).
-Cool over an ice bath.
-Spin in an ice cream machine.

Bacon. Ice cream.

I'm flying back to Vancouver tomorrow night and I'm not at all in the mood to sit in the airport lounge by myself for 8 hours in Frankfurt. It was okay flying out here, because I only had a 5 hour flight after the transit and 4 weeks of fun to look forward to. This time around I'll have a 10 hour flight after my 8 hours at the airport and then I get back to real life and all the shit that comes with it.

Anyway, I'm thinking of taking the S-Bahn to downtown Frankfurt and killing some time that way. Any Frankfurters have any ideas what I can do there? If the weather's nice I can walk by the Main river I suppose, but anything else I should check out?

Any car stuff I can check out? I know I should go to Bavaria or Stuttgart for that, but anything auto related in Frankfurt?

Downtown Frankfurt in general is nice to walk around, I don't think theres anything automotive to do, though. The Opel plant is 10-15 minutes away :rolleyes:

There's a cool American sports bar in Frankfurt, its called Your's Sports Bar. It was a good time.. they're in Mainz and in Wiesbaden as well, though the one in Mainz was an Australian sports bar.

Last edited:
I broke/tore off about one third of my nail on my right thumb a couple of hours ago, damn that hurt, still does if I touch the band-aid :cry: