Random Thoughts....

I remember my older brother's friend trying to sell us cutco knives. Like CyberMonkey said, as a teenager you're probably better off in hospitality than retail, the money's better, the hours are better and you learn some real skills that are actually useful in real life (I'm an ex dishpig/waitress/FOH manager).

Oh and I do feel guilty now about not wanting to play earlier tonight because the gig was actually great, great venue with an enthusiastic crowd and good sound and we made $70 each (I play in a big band with 17 other people, so $70 each is a big deal for us).

:lol: no, I'm not one of the Polyphonic Spree. By big band, I mean Big Band. We're an all girl big band called the Sisters of Sass, and I play guitar.

^is this you?
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi2rtIWYf6M[/YOUTUBE]

:lol: Yes, that's me. That was our very first gig. You can't actually hear me because I was using a 15 watt practice amp.

eta: this is a much better video...we'd been playing together a few months when this one was taken.[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHpLwhz-Gp8[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I'm aiming to hit 4000 posts on the 17th, 3 years after I joined. Blimey, where did the years go?

Long weekend time! :banana: :beer: It'll be a great time to catch up on all those missed Top Gear and Fifth Gear episodes.

I like how I find out all this crap about Vector/Cutco AFTER I've been hired and agreed to waste most of my weekend in training. Great, just fucking great, my parents won't support me and neither will my friends.

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I EVER DO ANYTHING RIGHT?!?!?!
:blowup:

/angry rant

lol, don't feel bad. Most people know about them because they were tricked too. I did the interview and shit before finding out too D:

It's because you're girls.

:lol: Yes, that's me. That was our very first gig. You can't actually hear me because I was using a 15 watt practice amp.

eta: this is a much better video...we'd been playing together a few months when this one was taken.[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHpLwhz-Gp8[/YOUTUBE]

Ya'll sound pretty good. Makes me miss playing in the Big Band back in high school. (Tenor sax represent)

Long weekend time! :banana: :beer: It'll be a great time to catch up on all those missed Top Gear and Fifth Gear episodes.

Pah. I get a whole week off. Half Term FTW! I just need to catch up on some important sleep.

KaJ!!!!!!! Welcome back! (for the weekend) Hope all is well in the Air Force.

Also, protip: any job that makes you pay for training before you start working is not a job you want.

I was just about to say this. Then I realized I paid for a training class to become a certified soccer ref. The job sucked but the money was good and it was certainly not shady. Having authority over coaches/parents more than twice my age was amusing as well.

Friday the 13th!

And in a spooky coincidence, there's a Friday the 13th next month, too!

Just came back from seeing Slumdog Millionaire at our local cinema (just opened). I must say, that is one brilliant film. It was the kind of film which hits you hard, showing you what the slums can be like - showing you the truth; and showing you how its not all Hollywood and advert-land out there.

I tend to really like these kind of things. Like 'The Road' - you know its just a story, but deep down (not as deep as you might think), you know that that is what the world would be like. Its not pretty, and it sure ain't happy. I really do hope they don't clean it up for the film.