The awesome boats thread

Not as cool as that vintage ship.

There are more than enough mega wealthy people out there that could easily transform one of these ships into a mega yacht for their own use. Or even better, as a hotel or even a short cruise ship.

The mega wealthy just have a new mega yacht mega built for them.

Not as cool as that vintage ship.

To be honest, the only ship of the past that could attract a billionaire or an oligarch, would be the Titanic - if unfortunately she wasn't rotting on the bottom of the Atlantic.

If I got rich and wanted to restore an old ship I'd pick a fast battleship like USS Massachusetts.

My wife get, well lets just say 'carried away' when we are alone on a boat :wicked: has anyone else experienced this with their wife or girlfriend?

Stop. Just stop trying to fill your post count.

Are you related to, or a friend of Handz?

Are you related to, or a friend of Handz?

You're the 2nd person I heard make this assumption. Was chatting with Victor last night and he mentioned something similar. Did I miss something?

You're the 2nd person I heard make this assumption. Was chatting with Victor last night and he mentioned something similar. Did I miss something?

You don't know about Handz? Just go into the motorcycle area and read a bit.

No wonder you don't have many active users :welcome:

We welcome new comers. But we also expect new comers to take a look around and get a feel for things before they start posting like crazy.

You don't know about Handz? Just go into the motorcycle area and read a bit.

Oh I know about the drama in there. But his posts aren't random crap with postage stamp sized pictures.

No wonder you don't have many active users :welcome:

Like GR said, its always nice to have new people. But going into thread after thread and just posting a random only marginally relevant picture is not a good way to start. A picture of a Lego stripper in the Lego thread has nothing to do with YOUR Legos or Legos YOU want. A picture of a random speaker in a thread about new tech YOU bought is hardly conducive to a discussion.

Last edited:
OK guys you made your point. We've had enough people quit over the years which is a bloody shame because this is probably the best forum on the web - it's not full of 4Chan idiots and txtspk and people actually meet up and do cool stuff like Ringmeet and so on.

Give the guy a break now, please.

Oh I know about the drama in there. But his posts aren't random crap with postage stamp sized pictures.

Like GR said, its always nice to have new people. But going into thread after thread and just posting a random only marginally relevant picture is not a good way to start. A picture of a Lego stripper in the Lego thread has nothing to do with YOUR Legos or Legos YOU want. A picture of a random speaker in a thread about new tech YOU bought is hardly conducive to a discussion.

I post small pics as they are easier, if want to see the bigger picture click on it!

Who says I don't want the lego!!

Wife is away and I'm bored, I will stop posting!

Narf makes a fair point and for once without using maths (in joke, you will get it in time). Just ease back a bit and like the other guys have suggested take some time to get a feel for what FG is all about and you will be fine. New members who are active participants and who "get" FG are always welcome. We aren't stuck up by any means but trolls and dickheads get kicked into touch pretty swiftly. I don't get the impression you fall into that category by any means.

You might also want to fill in some more of the basic info so we know where you are from, the cars you own, your hobbies and stuff. There are sections here for just about every interest and passion and if there isn't one there is no objection to creating new threads and sub forums if you feel there are gaps.

Fair point, sorry if the pic of the wife on the boat was a bit to far.

It looks like I might have killed this thread, could you delete all the posts that arent relevant to it? I dont want a bad name!!

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF