What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

Installed the second unit. Put it closer to the inside wall, to hopefully give better light into the engine bays.

822.jpg

823.jpg

An engine stand from Harbor Freight:

image_21280.jpg

Which actually seems very well built where it counts, much to my surprise. Their older ones were pretty damn bad.

It is now being used to hold up the 302 I purchased shortly before the engine stand. :p
img_6407.jpg

Last edited:
Installed the second unit. Put it closer to the inside wall, to hopefully give better light into the engine bays.

822.jpg

823.jpg

I've found that for under-hood work, I prefer under-hood lighting. If the ceiling light is to far back, this hood casts a shadow. If it's too far forward, I cast my own shadow over what I'm trying to see.

It still helps.

I've found that for under-hood work, I prefer under-hood lighting. If the ceiling light is to far back, this hood casts a shadow. If it's too far forward, I cast my own shadow over what I'm trying to see.

Yep, usually a pain. Having the lights off to the side and back, shining over my shoulder, makes things easier though. Multiple lights and plain white walls also help in reducing harsh shadows.

A winter coat and two (!) pairs of gloves (of different warming quality) in anticipation of me going to actual winter land in January. Additionally, I went to a shoe store trying to find some new and really warm winter boots, but they didn't have my favourite model in the correct size, so they ordered them to be tried and hopefully bought next week. Incidentally, that store will give 20% off on the black friday sale then, so that'll work out fine... I might actually get a second pair, for the usual winter weather here as my current boots approach 20 years of age and look the part.

So chocolate, much nom! :drool:

sea-dog-dark-chocolate-with-sea-salt-lime-bar-p23-73_zoom.jpg

Supporting the cause in my usual manner. :p Old ones are showing their age already.

2mKVFOtmrGPnCO3X3aBHhjxEpaLoufURaQYO7_dbHUcZTAIEo3WlraxnD_hRu3s75Ql75LRpW5WOqSogPuMZvcsFj2mreLCs1IR604fDc5HTGg52_mm-M5O-BTbiktYksucRjsQOcfx794iohpwNJogXUqSCFb5oZAoZGVyqpkVBdvM5iJnGk1RbK_Kp0420acbZs1qB7SmWoIf7SbIbfzHQpNXUm43aunWw59kjKAzTxnLOUAEr1s9MEdfpyZnMzfZkE_HP1MpCo5k7lKyMZzzoGEjpDdEn63HFRxnzI_tL42DE97tk-A_hLJqvjmTS1ARAKcij3m9CXv-JrqG2MJvFeKArORgfCllbFzDM-EBgC3tnCBzkyCxbRaDhVscFHV8CfmVn-sksbCLKkQ7ny8LrxASUvblmI7HgwyCCtMRvdXxB13V02UAbx-e_Oz3hvZwa84jQlFzSJ5VsPDGYv1FqQyfpN_oSo965FOFZ3p5vA8bQ1KF8eLzAhhLqUU4NPvl6Y4SzJW4Dt8OTXK3bYqpPcG6ebSs-9YuLWMAox0EYmeBg9989DTMYiOd1hcfngX5Zz2rNbIDIBCLlU5HsnBvu5WXBd369KV14yWdFpg=w947-h974-no

Nice box! Got more for a fort?

I like the espresso machine that?s at work so, I bought a Nespresso Citiz with hotel points. Close enough because there?s no way in hell I?d think a Miele espresso machine is a good purchase.

Could be a cover for the Box Ghost.

Were you bitten by a dad? Your purchases lately seem to reflect that you?re building a deck.

I've been led to believe it contains genuine parts.

It's just a new radiator grill for my Tacoma. :p