What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

Joke missed! You need to watch more movies.

Joke missed! You need to watch more movies.

Get in line. There?s three other guys at work that have the same issue with me.

Sears 1/2" drive torque wrench. It's 50% off right now at $39.99, so if you need one (or need to calibrate your existing one) you should pick one up.

This was my week to spend some money on car stuff:

For the WRX:
I ordered new front and rear bumper covers and on Monday I drove to Fairmont, WV (220 miles away) to pick up a pristine deck lid and a used (but very nice) carpet. The WRX is back in the paint shop following my little ?off? at the Southern Ohio Forest Rally earlier this year. The car wasn?t damaged mechanically, but I did get a bunch of scratches and small dents from my ?adventure?. And, ever since I bought the car, the carpet has been a sore point. It had gotten wet at some point and I was never able to get the smell out of it. For $50, I now have a nice clean carpet to re-install. On a side note, I don't think that Subaru ever intended the carpet to come out of these cars! I couldn?t believe how many fasteners, related hardware bits and mini-harnesses there were to remove. As payment for my efforts; UNDER the carpet, I found $3.98 in change, 2 French Francs and 1 Swedish 10 cent coin.

For the ?51 Chevy:
I ordered a new gas tank, sending unit, strap covers and fuel line. I was OK with the pricing on everything except the fuel line. Granted, it was stainless steel and custom-bent for the car, but $89 for a piece of tubing and $57 for ?oversize shipping? is a bit much! Yeah, I have tubing benders and could have fabbed the line from a couple of lengths of 5/16? tubing and a brass connector from the local auto parts store, but doing the bend-test-bend-some-more thing on a line that long just isn?t fun.

SL

Last edited:
I bought frames for some recent purchases after finally finding a place locally that had 12"x36" in stock.

otqvZ58.jpg

The screenprints are from an artist I quite like, Tom Whalen, and have multiple other prints from. Top one is the standard edition, the bottom is the variant edition which is printed with metallic inks and looks really nice and immediately sold out when released. I was able to score one of the artist proof printings of the standard edition on top right from his shop, but I wasn't able to get an artist proof of the variant edition at the time as I was too slow, so I had to hunt around and find one being resold for a good markup and settle for that. Luckily it worked out so now I have the top print #4 of 20, and the bottom one #7 of 25.

bA9q2R0.jpg

Normally $99 each, any they are on sale for 2 batteries for the same $99.
ryobi-power-tool-batteries-p122-64_1000.jpg

I also got the hot glue gun.
large_fa08e3b3-9097-4c8c-829b-6af530eb3214.jpg

And also a full body blue spandex body suit.

Normally $99 each, any they are on sale for 2 batteries for the same $99.

I also got the hot glue gun.

And also a full body blue spandex body suit.

Hold up. Do you dress in the spandex and hot glue your crafts?

Where are they two for $99?

Home depot, but only online.

- - - Updated - - -

Hold up. Do you dress in the spandex and hot glue your crafts?

No, but I'll be using them for the same thing. We're having a team building event at work on Friday, am I'm a team captain. Our team color is blue, so I'm going all in. For the sake of everyone's eyes, I'll be wearing it under shirts and a t shirt. With a blue wig. And blue glasses. And a sequined blue cape. And a glittery facial sticker. And blue shoes. while carrying a blue street sign post with a blue Bluetooth speaker built in and a blue led- lit ball on the top. The glue gun will first be used to attach the ball.

You need to play this on the bluetooth speaker...
[video=youtube;zWmF_2u-9nk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWmF_2u-9nk[/video]

You need to play this on the bluetooth speaker...
[video=youtube;zWmF_2u-9nk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWmF_2u-9nk[/video]

That, the Blue Man Group discography, or Tangled Up in Blue.

Last edited:
I put 4 units of similar size in my 1-car garage, running right down the middle. It was blindingly bright at first, but we're so thankful for it now.

That seems a bit overkill. :lol:

But you've convinced me to buy a second unit. They're cheap enough.

Oh, funny story. When I put the first one in, while I was removing the old light, a dead scorpion fell out of... somewhere, and landed on my shoulder. Probably not the best thing to happen to you when you're up on a latter using power tools. :p

Last edited:
I was planning to put lights above the engine bays of where my cars are parked and some by my work bench. That was two years ago and I?ve only got one over the wagon?s engine bay. The rest are still incandescent bulbs. Not bad but, it?s dimly lit.

I was planning to put lights above the engine bays of where my cars are parked and some by my work bench. That was two years ago and I?ve only got one over the wagon?s engine bay. The rest are still incandescent bulbs. Not bad but, it?s dimly lit.

A few dollars for some of these and some 75/100W equivalent LED bulbs does wonders. I stuck extra lights up near the corners in my garage using that system and get very good lighting.