Barak Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

But capitalism is EEEEEEEVIL, donchaknow? /sarcasm

Nobel%2BPeace%2BPrize.jpg
First off, there's a lot of people who critizise Mother Theresa (believe it or not), second of all, I am getting quite tired of this idea that Obama lives for destroying American values. That last thing is just me.

Henry Kissenger just rolled in his grave and shouted "WHAT THE F***?! THAT LIBERAL COMMIE?!".

What a load of shit this is.

At deadline to nominate for the Nobel Peace Prize, Obama had only been in office two weeks. He hadn't done a fucking thing at the time he was nominated, and he still hasn't. we are still in a two-front war, soldiers and civilians are still dying, and his approach to diplomacy seems to be to alienate our allies and coddle those who want to destroy us.

I have hereby lost all respect for the Nobel Peace Prize.
To nominate someone to the nobel peace prize, you only need to be a 'qualified person', that means that any professor of History or political science (and probably a lot of other doctors of different sciences) in the ENTIRE world can put someone up as a nominee.

It has nothing to do with the Nobel Peace Prize itself. It's not like the comittee nominated Obama back in the spring..

On the flip side of this, Rush Limbaugh was also nominated for the Peace Prize in 2007.

the conservative Landmark Legal Foundation nominated another American political figure for the prize: syndicated radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh. In the letter nominating Limbaugh, Landmark President and fellow radio talk-show host Mark Levin, pressed the case that Limbaugh ?gives voice to the values of democratic governance, individual opportunity and the just, equal application of the rule of law.?

Myself, I lost respect of the Nobel Prize long ago; it is now just a popularity contest.

Last edited:
On the flip side of this, Rush Limbaugh was also nominated for the Peace Prize in 2007.

Myself, I lost respect of the Nobel Prize long ago; it is now just a popularity contest.

But nominations are kept secret for 50 years?

^ Agreed. He is the epitome of the Nobel prize, not the original intent, but certainly the spirit.

As always, the ways of the world is never fair.

Not to mention that the world is dominated by its own pretentions and stereotypes, and an asian in a bathing robe wasn't all that.. In in Europe in the 1940s.

What I think is funny is how people are going "WTF THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE IS WORTHLESS AND I DON'T GIVE A FUCK" while bitching about how terrible Obama is for accepting it. If it's worthless, why the fuck do you care?

I just gave Obama my "Supreme Order of Excellence and Awesomeness" award. Are you guys going to bitch about that now, too?

</snark>

Nominated 5 times. No award.
No argument from me there.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I believe there are other deserving people in this world. Whether you have good, bad, or indifferent views of the man I hope most can see that his impact on the world thus far is narrow. Maybe 3 years later, 7? But not even one year into his presidency seems a bit much.

I'm so looking forward to the point when Obama is forced to go to war with some underdeveloped third world country, because it has developed weapons of mass destruction and has a fanatical leader who supports and finances terrorism.

Wait... what did I just say?

I'm so looking forward to the point when Obama is forced to go to war with some underdeveloped third world country, because it has developed weapons of mass destruction and has a fanatical leader who supports and finances terrorism.

Wait... what did I just say?

You're German, we know you look forward to war. :mrgreen:

The real tragedy is that the winner of the 2008 prize actually deserved it..

Oh well, lets all worship Obama then!

Well he had a go at us - 25 region 1 DVD's as a present and give us our own president back (Bust of Sir Winston Churchil - who's mum was an American) - war was next me thinks.

Of course we gave hime some moldy old pen holder carved from the timbers of the sister ship of the one the White House desk is made from - probably not important.

Last edited:
This probably has been posted somewhere else on the forum, but I think its very relevant for this thread.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nWhe-EPv8w[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMJuEOaF84o&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

ZOMG SENSE!

I don't care where you stand, she is speaking common sense. Even if you don't agree with giving him the prize, or you don't like this lady (who'll probably not be getting a job in Fox News anytime soon), she is speaking sense.

Reactions: AiR