Random Thoughts....

Alright so Paypal... BLOWS ASS.

I wake up this morning to receive an email from them saying that some company "Aeria games and entertainment" has taken out a subscription fee from my account in the amount of ?100.00 GBP or $158.57 USD

Then when I call paypal they say that someone actually logged into my account and made the transaction. How the fuck? I've never used that pass elsewhere nor given that password out to anyone.

I called them up and they said they blocked the transaction but it will still be removed from my bank account, put into paypal funds and then resent back to my account.

Should I call my bank and tell them what happened and prevent that transaction from happening in the first place? I don't want 158 clams to be taken out of my account even if it's going to be put back. I don't trust paypal's security or it's system now.

OH and if you are going to be run over by a Le Car make it the most badass Le Car ever built.

Renault R5 Turbo2

0308_05z+1986_renault_r5_turbo2+front_left_view.jpg

ebay_r5_t.jpg

Last edited:
^ When growing up, that was one of my dream cars.
Had several pictures of them hanging over my bed, including one of them in the the Monte Carlo rally.

Do you guys and girls also have these strange happenings sometimes in your lifes, happenings that make you think that they can not possibly be accidental?

Today, this happened to me: I was reading a thread on the forum on dpreview.com, a big photo stuff website. People were discussing the very details of how depth of field compares on full frame and crop frame cameras, and how the sensor size "changes" the effective focal length of a lens. Someone said that the effective maximum aperture is being changed also, to which another person not agreeing with that replied "Actually I prefer 'f/2 is f/2 is f/2' (inspired by 'a rose is a rose is a rose')."

Now, I think I might have heard that saying somewhere before, but I'm not sure, and if I did, it was a very very long time ago. So I'm watching Mad Men while I'm browsing the internet, and in 2x06, someone makes a joke about a woman called Gertrude Stein. Since I've never heard of her, I look her up on Wiki, and it turns out she is the woman who became famous by saying "A rose is a rose is a rose."

I mean ... what are the odds for that? Not knowing something and then being pointed towards it virtually at the same time from two absolutely independent directions. Happens to me about once a year I'd say, and it feels damn weird! :?

Last edited:
There are people who like bland.

I fail to agree.
There are people who tolerate bland, but people who would choose bland over tasty? That I don't believe!

Going into a classroom today for the first time since the second week of December. Jeez, it's going to feel weird. My whole group is in the same boat though, after every break just about everyone always remarks that they feel like I've been away forever, I certainly do. :blink:

I hope I can get my brain back into 'class & lecture' mode quickly, but it's always easier said than done!

I hope I can get my brain back into 'class & lecture' mode quickly, but it's always easier said than done!
My suggestion for easing this transference is to start by getting back into the 'showing up and falling asleep' mode first then transducing into whatever-the-hell-you-feel-like mode.

Do you guys and girls also have these strange happenings sometimes in your lifes, happenings that make you think that they can not possibly be accidental?

Today, this happened to me: I was reading a thread on the forum on dpreview.com, a big photo stuff website. People were discussing the very details of how depth of field compares on full frame and crop frame cameras, and how the sensor size "changes" the effective focal length of a lens. Someone said that the effective maximum aperture is being changed also, to which another person not agreeing with that replied "Actually I prefer 'f/2 is f/2 is f/2' (inspired by 'a rose is a rose is a rose')."

Now, I think I might have heard that saying somewhere before, but I'm not sure, and if I did, it was a very very long time ago. So I'm watching Mad Men while I'm browsing the internet, and in 2x06, someone makes a joke about a woman called Gertrude Stein. Since I've never heard of her, I look her up on Wiki, and it turns out she is the woman who became famous by saying "A rose is a rose is a rose."

I mean ... what are the odds for that? Not knowing something and then being pointed towards it virtually at the same time from two absolutely independent directions. Happens to me about once a year I'd say, and it feels damn weird! :?

That sort of thing happens to me EVERY DAY
I've decided to enjoy it, otherwise I would go mad

That sort of thing happens to me EVERY DAY
I've decided to enjoy it, otherwise I would go mad
Well, I kinda enjoy it, too. It reminds me that even the strangest things will happen eventually, and that the idea of a "higher being controlling our every move" should have died when we stopped sitting in trees. Life does produce strange things all on its own, embrace it or go bananas.

^ When growing up, that was one of my dream cars.
Had several pictures of them hanging over my bed, including one of them in the the Monte Carlo rally.

It still is my dream car.. :|

I just got back from watching Avatar in 3D (yes I'm that slow), not bad, other than the nearest place they showed it in 3D was ~50 km from here.

Hmmm, there was something else I wanted to say but now I don't remember, I must be getting old :think:

Fluffy.

Hmmm, there was something else I wanted to say but now I don't remember, I must be getting old :think:

Probably the summary of the movie. Big blue kittehs defeat evil capitalistic caucasian humans.