What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

FHA-00018.jpg

Cuz it matches my Samsung T220 and its actually quite comfortable :p

I have the same mouse, quite comfy to use :)

Cortech "Injector" gloves. Got'em for half off.
2009_Cortech_Injector_Glove_Black_Black.jpg

Don't know whether to get two Toyo T1R's or Uniroyal Rainsport 2's tomorrow.....

tr1.jpg
uniroyal-rainsport-2.jpg

Don't know whether to get two Toyo T1R's or Uniroyal Rainsport 2's tomorrow.....

tr1.jpg
uniroyal-rainsport-2.jpg

I once came across a European website with an incredibly comprehensive tire comparison test including those two and more, but I can't for the life of me remember where it was. If it's any help, I've had the T1Rs on cars of greatly differing power and weight (4100lb, 370 HP XJR, and 2100 lb, 130 HP MR2), and they are brilliant in both the wet and the dry.

Latest purchase for me is David Thorne's book 'The Internet Is A Playground'. I've only just started reading it because I was reading a book on photographic lighting but if you like reading Thorne's email exchanges then it's well worth reading.

Latest purchase for me is David Thorne's book 'The Internet Is A Playground'. I've only just started reading it because I was reading a book on photographic lighting but if you like reading Thorne's email exchanges then it's well worth reading.

I've been thinking about buying that. I may have to actually do it.

An enormous chest of drawers and a 5 foot bookcase. (also got a 7 footer which is totally full.)

The chair should give you a sense of scale. Seven footer is next to it.

drawers_by_LightningTremlett.jpg

And the bookcase.

bookcase_by_LightningTremlett.jpg

An enormous chest of drawers and a 5 foot bookcase. (also got a 7 footer which is totally full.)

The chair should give you a sense of scale. Seven footer is next to it.

And the bookcase.

:motherofgod:

this goes mainly for the stuff you've got in those two bookcases...

I'm sorry but I have to laugh at the bookcase with the shelves too close together to stack things properly.

More efficient use of space to make fewer shelves and have those cases vertically, after all. Count the games you have vertically stacked on the 4th shelf down and it comes to 54 on that shelf with space left on top to grab individual ones out. Compared to the lower shelves you have things horizontally in, it looks like you could get them 7 tall, with room for 4 stacks so 28 per shelf and it's difficult to remove an individual one.

</efficiency nerd> :whistle:

The shelves are removable and can be moved up or down, I'm gonna go re-arrange that shit to be vertical, be be back in 20 mins.

What you could do,too, is to double-up the shelves, that way you won't have to find a place to store the other shelves in case you'd want to use 'em someday again.

edit: Wait...do you have 2 copies of "Speed"? (2nd from top shelf, bottom of the 3rd stack from the left and bottom/right corner of the 3rd-from-bottom visible shelf...the shelf with Blade and Independence Day?)

Last edited:
*laughs* Eizbaer made the MOG! comment about the content, so I had to look to see what was in there.

What you could do,too, is to double-up the shelves, that way you won't have to find a place to store the other shelves in case you'd want to use 'em someday again.

edit: Wait...do you have 2 copies of "Speed"? (2nd from top shelf, bottom of the 3rd stack from the left and bottom/right corner of the 3rd-from-bottom visible shelf...the shelf with Blade and Independence Day?)

Somebody gave me the DVD copy as a gift years ago, recently I went out and got the Blu-Ray release of it, which is a big improvement. I have a a few duplicates as people have bought Blu Rays for me as gifts when I was in hospital and some of them are films I already had on DVD.

Anyway here it is rearranged.
arranged_by_LightningTremlett.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm...do you have anything bigger? :lol:

See what eficiency can do? What once was full, is now...1/6th empty. :p

That one shelf is fixed, isn't it? Is that why you've got that large head-space above the shelf with the CB sets?

Last edited: