Your best sim racing game?

I remember one of my first racing sim. Test Drive 2 for the PC.

In the standard version of Test Drive II, the player has the option of using one of two vehicles. These vehicles are presented at the beginning of the game with technical specifications, including top speed, torque, and acceleration rates. The cars included are:

* Porsche 959 - silver
* Ferrari F40 - red

The computer versions of the game provided one course, referred to by the game as ?Master Scenery?, consisting of several stages. Each stage had one of three possible locations: a desert, with cacti along the side of the road; a mountain, with a sheer rock wall on one side of the highway and a cliff on the other, and occasionally a tunnel through the mountain; and a grassy area with trees.

I thought it was quite amazing in its day :rolleyes:
In fact, I might have to go dig up my old floppys to play it again.

I got some installed. CTDP 03/04 and RH2004. But none work right. I get a CTD when choosing track.

Time was when I probably would've been able to help you mate, but its been so many years since I've played that game and modded the thing to death - I've forgotten just about everything. Take a look around on the Racesimulation forums, maybe ask your question there. Plenty of mods and stuff there as well.

www.racesimulations.com

hehe, I thought of that earlier when people were posting the oldies. I can still hear the sound effects walking into the arcade, and seeing the vintage sit-down version Pole Position II over in the corner. Ahhhh, the memories :)

http://img86.imageshack.**/img86/8518/polepositioniilf2.jpg

Arcades were THE place to be when I was kid. Sadly, times have changed....

Wow, Pole Position II, the first video game I ever played. I had an Atari 7800.

could have been worse, he could have said Carbon. Fuck that game was atrocious.

The recent NFS games are great IMO, but hardly sims.

LFS is king of the racing sims right now. RBR and rFactor are good as well w/ certain cars/mods... rfactor gives me performance problems on my current pc, though.

i dont understand how people can say rbr is "too realistc" lol.

I remember one of my first racing sim. Test Drive 2 for the PC.

I thought it was quite amazing in its day :rolleyes:
In fact, I might have to go dig up my old floppys to play it again.
I have the SNES version of it, even with the Diablo as an extra, I was so a 959 guy:mrgreen:. I played it so much that the contact area on the game moves around in the catridge, so I only wants to play half the time :cool:

My current best is LFS, I've been getting real addicted to drifting servers. I've only done about a dozen proper races, two of them with the [FG]'ers here :D

1. LFS
2. GT: Legends
3. GTR 2
4. RACE 07

Anyone remember this game from back in '98-'99? This game rocked.

http://img147.imageshack.**/img147/2082/asdfasdfkq2.jpg

I used to love drivng in the white/red flames Porsche 911 on there :D.

Last edited: