FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant you share the expences with 1 another brit thats coming?
Just make him sure your not letting him to sleep inside your awsomemobile :D

I think the biggest issue with sharing is that everyone wants to bring their own cars. That's the only drawback I can. Think of. :p

Also ouch at the fuel costs with that, Matt! I reckon the Kangoo might cost somthing like ?150 in total fuel consumption :lol:

I think the biggest issue with sharing is that everyone wants to bring their own cars. That's the only drawback I can. Think of. :p

Yeah It looks that way, even if fuel is expensive.

I'd definitely drive Hammond's camper if the BBC gave me it, I might limit myself to 1 room though to make setting it up easier. :lol:

Cant you share the expences with 1 another brit thats coming?
Just make him sure your not letting him to sleep inside your awsomemobile :D
(unless its a she!).

:lol: :D awsome blayde 10pts :D

Yes, 6ft tall, that looks like it.

Jesus it's a Landrover. Just bring 2 blankets, hang them from the sides and sleep UNDER the car - in style. And mud. Mostly style.

With rain like last sunday, he will just drown. Or be crushed by a Landrover sinking in.

Fuel for me in the civic will be around 160-180 quid for the round trip (1100 miles). Not including ring bashing. Best part of a 100 for the ferry and then camping. Probably easy 350-400 for the whole trip. Not bad and cheaper than I thought.

Thats like 5 Ukanians now, some of you just team up and costs will drop noticeably! and then get your asses on the confirmed-list!

Just plan with 1/2 a tank for Ring lap and cruising around and you should be fine. Oh, and if you are smart, try to refuel in Belgium if you run petrol, sems to be ~10-20c cheaper than in Germany right now. And whatever you do, don't refuel Petrol in the Netherlands. :D

With the current fuel consumption I can get to the ring and back on exactly 2 tanks. I do wonder how much the ring itself will demand in sacrifice.

1 lap demaned 1100km of my range-to-new-brakes. Fuel not really noticable. Its just 20km and i dont even reach 7l/100km with 140kph average over 300km. So even with worst consumption calculated the car might use 15l, fu.. it, say 20 liters per 100km. On a 20km track that is 4 liters.

With the current fuel consumption I can get to the ring and back on exactly 2 tanks. I do wonder how much the ring itself will demand in sacrifice.

Just keep staring at the trip computer while you go round....and never lift....... :p

Thats like 5 Ukanians now, some of you just team up and costs will drop noticeably!

As I said; bringing own cars etc.

However regarding me; I may be forced to join something because I've just found out about a climbing trip to Slovakia (second time down that way in one summer, eh? :p), which will cost about ?300. Hence suddenly funds drop yet again. I will be visiting the Ring in the Saab on my way home (lets hope it doesn't do a Kip), so maybe the Kangoo will have to wait until next year. I need to do some maths though; and work out how much the charity drive is going to cost, because anything left over will then become FG meet funds...

This is going to be an interesting Summer, that's for sure.

Thats like 5 Ukanians now, some of you just team up and costs will drop noticeably! and then get your asses on the confirmed-list!

I'm still definitely at the decision making stage, I hasn't even considered it until last night and don't know if I can write off that much money. Obviously having a co-driver would make things cheaper but I still need to think about it all.

^ I'll have between 3 and 4 days. :p

@Matt: Well if you want to really cut costs; the Kangoo would be substantially cheaper in fuel - and I'd be happy to try and get you on the insurance so driving could be shared. But as I said before, leaving a car behind isn't an easy decision. I must say that if I were to leave Roo behind, the fuel costs of the Landy, even when halved, would still be immense - in fact if your estimations are correct it'd probably still be cheaper for me to take the Kangoo on my own :lol:

Its unfortunate that for the best deals channel-crossings need to be booked early; I definitely need to do some calculating on how much the charity gig will be, but I really need to talk to the mate who is coming with me; which is literally arriving back from 2 months in Oz tomorrow.

Last edited:
I wonder if that whiny "i don't want to leave my car behind"-thing is a british thing. At least thats where i see it currently all the time. :D

1 lap demaned 1100km of my range-to-new-brakes. Fuel not really noticable. Its just 20km and i dont even reach 7l/100km with 140kph average over 300km. So even with worst consumption calculated the car might use 15l, fu.. it, say 20 liters per 100km. On a 20km track that is 4 liters.
I doubt a 118d will burn that much... My bimmer doesn?t even burn that much on the ring, and it?s a 20 year old 2.5l petrol engine. So yours should get along with quite a bit less...

Well, one thing is sure. Betting on your laptime will be fun. :D
Oh cool, is there a prize for the quickest laptime? :mrgreen:

I think I'd have to admit that taking the old shed would be too much, it hasn't done anything to deserve 1000 miles in 3 days, with only 59k on the clock it would probably kill it. Certainly would be cheaper. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.