Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Gold on yellow? Is the guy colorblind?

Well, I'm going to be moving tomorrow, something I do frequently. This is my third move with my Fit. Each time, I always look at the junk that the movers haven't taken and think to myself, "No, there's way too much. I'm not going to get it all in." Every time, it all goes in (I haven't finished the process yet this time, but I'm pretty confident). And every time, I'm utterly amazed at how much can be put in to one of these things.

I own a Japanese TARDIS. There's no other explanation.

They should've taken the car as well. :p

amemiya24kgold.jpg

Yes, those are 24K gold dipped wheels.

Yet another ruined FD.

have you ever been overtaken by your own moped's storage box?

That happened to me today. I took a hole in the road and the thing (which was empty) suddendly gave way and started to roll on the tarmac. I heard a loud "clonk" on my left, so I closed the gas a bit and took a look, and then... the incredible happened. I noticed that black mass rolling and I slowed down some more, allowing it to overtake me. I still wasn't sure what that was, but then my mind lighted up and I realized what had happened. Maybe I should post this on Stupid Driver Stories, but it really gave no sign whatsoever of being breaking before today.

We got some bumpy roads down here...

Last edited:
Yet another ruined FD.

I like the RE Amemiya kit :dunno:

RX7_RE_Amemiya_GreaddyD1.jpg

172_REAmemiyaCircuitRX7__1.jpg

RX7-Meet09-009.jpg

And the plate on the yellow RX7 I posted look suspiciously like Canberra plates lol. Speaking of which, I find Canberra number plates to be very tacky and cheap looking, especially these "custom" ones:

CHONG.jpg

Its just a horrible piece of plastic and looks shit on any car. The guy in the photo isn't helping either.

I saw a new Jag Sedan today driving down the street. I had to do a double take, not because "OOH A JAAAAAAG!" but because it was just so bland.

The thing I love about the old XJs is they stand out and are oh so very stylish. The new one is just bland.

Gather the following ingredients:
1) Field, or any large expanse with a low-grip surface.
2) Cheap mid- or rear-engined car with no hood, or front-engined car with spare room up front.
3) Loaded paintball guns mounted in front part of said mid-engined car and wired up to be fired from the driver's seat, sighting method (crosshairs, lasers) recommended.
4a) Target placed somewhere in field, or
4b) Items 2 and 3 repeated and assigned to two or more teams.

Expensive fun, but worth it.

It's amazing how a little air in the tires can make a car handle so much better, just a couple psi and my Jet doesn't feel as wallow-y.

It's amazing how a little air in the tires can make a car handle so much better, just a couple psi and my Jet doesn't feel as wallow-y.

I've noticed the same thing in my car. :)

I find it funny that whenever an advertiser wants a generic nondescript car for an ad, it's always a debadged Hyundai Sonata.

I hate the fact that almost only retards and "tuners" buy BMWs, Mercs and Audis over here and ruin/abuse them. Can't find almost no decent ones for sale. Only interesting car so far was an 156 that's in walking distance from where I live and I think I'll go see it

I find it funny that whenever an advertiser wants a generic nondescript car for an ad, it's always a debadged Hyundai Sonata.

I find it funny that whenever an oil company wants a generic car for an ad, it's always a debadged red 350Z.

I also find it funny that every time they show the internals of an engine 'working better' with their oil, there isn't any oil ANYWHERE.

Tree just fell outside the apartment building where we live. Update in a few minutes with the pics we took.
Until then, the tree fell over 4 cars, 2 were untouched, a Daewoo Matiz was crushed and my dad's car got a smashed windshield and bonnet. Ours starts just fine so it's not that bad

Last edited:

There's an insurer 10 minutes from my house that advertises using a last-gen Skoda Octavia. I wonder how much they'll insure it for? :p

What do you when you get pulled over for going 49 in a 25 zone (which was bullshit, btw) and the LEO tells you that your registration has expired and the car has to be towed, which leaves you facing a) a $90 tow fee, b) a $100 no-registration fine, c) criminal charge on your record, d) stranded in the middle of nowhere without a car, e) the aforementioned speeding ticket?

Easy! You just get on your iPhone and renew your registration online while the officer is contacting dispatch to send out a tow truck and then just hand the tow truck driver $50 for coming out for no reason. Oh, and the cop forgets about the fact that you almost doubled the speed limit.

Anyone that has ever talked shit about smart phones can go suck it - technology is awesome.

Last edited:
What do you when you get pulled over for going 49 in a 25 zone (which was bullshit, btw) and the LEO tells you that your registration has expired and the car has to be towed, which leaves you facing a) a $90 tow fee, b) a $100 no-registration fine, c) criminal charge on your record, d) stranded in the middle of nowhere without a car, e) the aforementioned speeding ticket?

Easy! You just get on your iPhone and renew your registration online while the officer is contacting dispatch to send out a tow truck and then just hand the tow truck driver $50 for coming out for no reason. Oh, and the cop forgets about the fact that you almost doubled the speed limit.

Anyone that has ever talked shit about smart phones can go suck it - technology is awesome.

Holy crap! That's awesome..and very lucky! :)

So I just stumbled upon an advert for an older 2nd hand 3-series, which sounded interesting. Then I clicked the ad...

http://bit.ly/fwzCeb

Ouch...

We need to start a "Carbage Rescue Fund" charity to save cars like that.