Random Thoughts....

Reliving my late 1990's music; The Chemical Brothers, Kula Shaker, The Stone Roses and Geggy Tah. If anyone under the age of twenty knows at least two of those groups, have an e cookie.
A friend of mine is completely mad about Kula Shaker. I've given up how many times she's seen them live and she's on a first name basis with the lead band singer Crispin Mills.

Thanks for letting me change lanes :D

Reactions: Jay
Saw Bill Bailey last night in NYC and yelled "Mordor!" at him. Think he even noticed too.

Don't recall Roxy Music playing at Live8 in London, but I could be wrong maybe they played in the USA or another of the European venues. (e.g. Pet Shop Boys played in Moscow.)

:smile:

My personal favorite "recent" Roxy Music performance is the "Live at the Apollo" DVD. They do most of the big songs, and basically just prove without a doubt they were the classiest rock band ever. The way they band takes their bows at the end is a great bit of stage craft in my opinion... up there with the Peter Gabriel trick of "packing up his band in a suitcase."

2,000+ hits so far today and a page one appearance in a google search result. i'd call that an achievement however many ways you look at it.

2,000+ hits so far today and a page one appearance in a google search result. i'd call that an achievement however many ways you look at it.

:lol: And that would be the third time I read that. I can see why you are getting hits: saturation.

Found my Parent's copy of Live8 DVD, my word Pink Floyd were absoloutely mind blowing! Shame i can't find the Roxy Music performance anywhere :(

They played in berlin :)

There were two or three other Live8 DVDs of some of the other venues. A single disk each in skinny cases I think, when the big box set DVD was first released. The big DVD was on the shelves for ages and is probably still there, the small ones disappeared pretty quick.

:smile:

There was also a UK version of the Berlin Live8 concert, which you may find on ebay or similar. Good luck!

:)

Rhubarb Crumble for me in an about 2 hours, I just finished my dinner. Now I need some coffee.

Did Roxy play Love is the drug?

Affirm.

Live8 Berlin (Wiki)

Roxy Music: "Virginia Plain", "Love Is the Drug", "Do the Strand", "Jealous Guy"

EDIT: Dunno what is on the DVD though, you would have to check, probably all Roxy tracks I suspect.

EDIT2: "Love is the Drug" is the ONLY Roxy Music track featured on the Live8 Berlin DVD, which is available on Amazon.

Last edited:
I swear that Icebone is secretly on Facebook, and he friended me. This guy behaves in exactly the same way. Literally exactly the same. You can hire experts to analyse their writing patterns and still find no difference between the two of them. He corrects other people's grammar, posts Cracked.com articles all the time, and just posted a schizophrenia joke solely to claim that it confuses schizophrenia with multiple personality disorder and is therefore not funny.

IceBone, please take this in good faith.

Last edited:
I swear that Icebone is secretly on Facebook, and he friended me. This guy behaves in exactly the same way. Literally exactly the same. You can hire experts to analyse their writing patterns and still find no difference between the two of them. He corrects other people's grammar, posts Cracked.com articles all the time, and just posted a schizophrenia joke solely to claim that it confuses schizophrenia with multiple personality disorder and is therefore not funny.

I don't post cracked.com articles.
or thats what you'd like us to believe.

I don't post cracked.com articles.

freddie.png

Hate it when people don't email back about shit.

I set up a study group for my astronomy class, and a few people replied back and said they were interested. I met them up in class and got their phone numbers and said we would meet up at Sunday. I then sent an email saying that we'd meet Sunday at 4, here's my number again, if you guys can't make it we can try and hold another session for Monday etc.

Only 1 person responded and he said "50-50".

WTF pplz?

I'm thinking of calling them up and checking to see wtf their deal is before I even consider driving the 20 miles over.

Meanwhile: I just finished the SC2 campaign yesterday. Now I have a life again :(