FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, if it rains now track will be dry by the weekend ;). And sorry stiggy, didn't want to hurt your feelings (not that you have something to hurt in the first place..:mrgreen:).

Well it?s more like 80 km, and I?m guessing 3 days is more than enough time to allow the track to dry out. :)

You internet people have your priorities all wrong. :p
I?m spending the next few days hoping that my new semislicks will arrive on time. And making sure I have sufficient spare brake pads to get me through the weekend. :mrgreen:

I can't drive anyways, fucking ankle, so my priorities aren't driving related.

We are on the ground and cleared customs in UK. Tonight on to Calais.

Welcome to UKania! Enjoy your short stay in the country of a thousand shop fires!

Mine is a data/phone-Card with focus on data. Internetflat for 2,50?/day/500MB or max. 25?/month and phone 9cent/min to all german networks + european landlines + northern american landlines. but only from germany, roaming-prices are usually rape. Provider would be fonic.de

my issue is more with how I can obtain a sim card once I land. I think I'd prefer Vodafone, because I know they offer one of the higher international daily roaming limits, even though it's expensive.

I have nfi where one would get such a thing in person. But my bet would be a vodafone-store!? :D

List of VF-Shops in Frankfurt:
http://www.vodafone.de/shopadressen/Ort_Frankfurt_am_Main.html

Just did a quick check on google maps, all of them are 12-15km into FFM. I'd say the one at K?nigsteiner Str. 3c (3rd from bottom) is the closest one and doesn't lead you into downtown FFM and its traffic. Otherwise any vf-store you come across will probably do.

There will be electricity, do I need to bring my own extension cord?
And I guess there are stores nearby tha camp, so one can buy some food and drinks?

And I need a contact number, someone I can call when we get there! Someone with a local network so me calling you doesn't cost you money :)
I've got a company phone so don't really care :D

We are on the ground and cleared customs in UK. Tonight on to Calais.

So you're renting a car in the UK then driving all the way to Germanland? Nice. :p And it does mean that you're driving right past me - why not stop for tea in Sevenoaks? Just outside London, and not on fire either! :lol:

thomas: also, the steering wheel is on the correct side.

Adunaphel: don't forget mah stroopwaffles! :)

Anyone have information where I can buy Rekorderlig cider in tha vacinity of kampsite/Ring?
I need it and I'm not leaving EU without it! Doesn't have to be around the corner, just need to know if it's at least close (20-30km)
http://rekorderlig-cider.de/Grosshaendler.html
I don?t see any close by. Closest one seems to be in Trier, some 80km south from the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.