Random Thoughts....

I suppose it also has something to do with their very agressive way of dealing with criticism on their "church". Other religions are more subtle there (except when they blow up things).

That and the fact you have to buy your way in and continue to buy your way up the social chain within the church. Other religions are based on ancient mythos, this one was invented by a SciFi writer who was tired of working. It's a scam, that's all it ever has been.

For more information look here and here.

/hail Xenu!

So it uses a made up story to get people to donate money and spread its (BS)message. Aside from figuring out a way to get more money out of its followers, still doesn't seem to stand out much.

P.S. I'm at work so I don't have time to read what Blind linked to for now.

Awesome, I got neg repped for my avatar. Looks like someone took some offence to it...:lmao:.

So it uses a made up story to get people to donate money and spread its (BS)message. Aside from figuring out a way to get more money out of its followers, still doesn't seem to stand out much.

P.S. I'm at work so I don't have time to read what Blind linked to for now.

I don't think it's the bogus story that puts most people off about scientology as much as they are put off by the means to which they resort to in order to keep the so-called "credibility" of their faith against any critics. These means include: invading their opponents privacy, blackmailing, attacking human rights, public humiliations, threats (or even actions) of violence, and breaking all sorts of laws depending on each country.

Basically, what they do, if you say something against their church is they sue you for every penny you have. And if they don't have grounds to sue you, they provoke you (usually is such a way that can't be legally linked to them, but in a way that would hurt you deeply) and if you do something bad to them upon provocation, then they sue you for every penny you have. If they don't succeed, they'll just up the ante by doing anything in their power to discredit or emberass you publicly, so that nobody listens to you. Mind you, they might do this whether or not they succeed in suing you for a large sum of money. If they still don't succeed by these means then they find something bad about you ... all through unlawfull means ... and they blackmail you to keep your mouth shut, otherwise they publicise the information, either to local media, law enforcement authorities, or anyone that you've been keeping the secret from.

And if they can't get to you, they'll go after your family, your friends, your neighbours ... etc. They go to great lengths to become very powerfull in doing this, including bribing law enforcement authorities (cops, judges), collecting a lot of fees from their very rich members of the church (gives them money to pay off top lawyers), use the influences of all their well-known members or their friends to get to you, etc.

There's whole documentaries of what the "church of scientology" will do to you if you mess with them. They're not only a powerfull organization, but they have ties in policy-making, law enforcement, banking, most large industries, even organized crime. That's why a lot of people consider them a cult of hooligans rather than a religion. If they showed the same respect to human kind and to humans in general as the same religions, and if they acted in good faith and lawfully, then I think most people wouldn't be bothered by them. A lot of religions have histories of being prosecuted, but most don't have histories of being violent against other individuals. Though most have histories of being violent against other religions, they focus on battling the concepts of other religions rather than personal attacks towards individuals. It's kind of like the difference between gang members fighting members of a rival gang and sociopathic adolescent bullies beating on everyone that's weaker than them.

BTW: just watch, now that our forums are easier to search through on google due to the new script, someone from scientology will soon come on the forums and try to start a fight.

Last edited:
IRC is closed due to aids.

Wut's rong with ze IRC? :(

I dunno, the box is not responding to pings or anything, so i guess there's some kind of network problem at the datacenter.

I love this, if the forums go down, meh, I can go without them for a day or so, but IRC? I come scrambling in here to find out what's going on! In other words:

NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo! Where will I idle? :eek:

<geek mode>
I've been watching the entire series of Buffy The Vampire Slayer (in order. Yay, Netflix!) and finally reached the episode titled "Once More, With Feeling."

If you are currently staring at your screen and gently drooling on your keyboard because you have no idea what I'm talking about, don't feel bad. I don't think it airs much on the re-runs because it was done as a musical. Yup, a musical episode of Buffy.

It's fantastic, I was laughing my ass off - there are some very talented singers in that cast, I was surprised. My friend even bought the MP3s online and burned me a disk of the soundtrack!
</geek mode>

Oh I have the entire Series except the last season on DVD. Such a damn, damn good series. Did you know Allison Hannigan is tone death? That was why she had almost no singing parts in the musical.

Did you read any of the comics they did after the series ended?

Damnit, I can't believe I put off watching Firefly until now. This show is fantastic!

Reactions: TC
Damnit, I can't believe I put off watching Firefly until now. This show is fantastic!

Every time someone talks about it, my curiosity rises. I have to watch it and see what the fuss is all about.

Then again, time can bring you down, bend your knees, break your heart, and leave you begging please.

Damn you, Clapton.