Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain what's going on here?

Insert an uploaded image or grabbed remote image and it attaches it along with inserting it, removing the attachment removes the inserted image too. I thought it was just me but I saw it on someone else's post the other day.

Am I doing something wrong? It didn't do this before.

Can anyone explain what's going on here?

Insert an uploaded image or grabbed remote image and it attaches it along with inserting it, removing the attachment removes the inserted image too. I thought it was just me but I saw it on someone else's post the other day.

Am I doing something wrong? It didn't do this before.
Needs to say and the attachment box won't show up..
If it isn't, then click "manage attachments", check the image, then "insert inline". It automatically inserts the code for me when uploading or grabbing remote images.

tumblr_mgl3xzdpWX1r0wqrdo1_500.jpg

Date and time settings are as followed (when I erase d.m.o. and put in the "Extended European Format" the date is correct, but I like d.m.o. since that's what I'm accustomed to):

Okay, well that's why. You want Y, not o. This is o:

ISO-8601 year number. This has the same value as Y, except that if the ISO week number (W) belongs to the previous or next year, that year is used instead. (added in PHP 5.1.0)

It's doing exactly as you told it.

http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php

Needs to say and the attachment box won't show up..

Ah OK, cheers. It used to work fine, maybe I've fiddled with a setting somewhere. I'll give it a try in the test thread.

Edit: Right, tested it and it only works correctly with the editor switched to source mode. If I insert an image in to the WYSIWYG editor or switch to it after seeing the image shown as in the source editor, it breaks and becomes an image link. Strange.

Last edited:
G'day PC, sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

What appears to be happening in Safari only is that it goes to the page with the last post, but doesn't scroll down to the last post.
I installed Chrome and that works fine.

I can't reproduce the issue. The "Goto first new post" icon is working normally. What browser/OS are you using? Have you tried another browser?

G'day PC, sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

What appears to be happening in Safari only is that it goes to the page with the last post, but doesn't scroll down to the last post.
I installed Chrome and that works fine.

I can't reproduce the issue. The "Goto first new post" icon is working normally. What browser/OS are you using? Have you tried another browser?

This still happens to me in Safari on iOS, the latest version.

I'm just wondering, i've got more than 5 posts now but that banner won't disappear. Is this an issue/bug or is it just delayed of some sort?
Cheers:D

I'm just wondering, i've got more than 5 posts now but that banner won't disappear. Is this an issue/bug or is it just delayed of some sort?

If you mean the "private messages" one, you have to request that ability manually. I think there's a thread somewhere?probably in this subforum.

Is there a way to reset the multi-quote?

In some threads, when I try to quote a message, for some reason it has a bunch of other messages it thinks I want to multi. I've tried posting those, but the next time I go to quote in that thread, they come back.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it on the proper reply page. Been using quick-reply so never saw it.

EDIT2: Nope. Some threads still shove a ton of posts into the reply, and theres not "deselect multi comment" option given on the reply page.

Seems like its getting worse. My Ricks car hunt thread reply box is just collecting posts I've wanted to quote and decided against for one reason or another. Only way to clear it is to go back through all the pages and manually deselect the multi quote check marks. Seems like some of the quotes I've actually posted and its keeping them in memory to requote. Figured that multiple days and posts later the system would reset itself.

Once again the reaction time is atrocious. Sometimes it takes 20-30 seconds after I click on a subforum or thread. At the same time other websites and forums react instantly (100/20 Mbit/s at home, websites are loaded within half a second).

If you mean the "private messages" one, you have to request that ability manually. I think there's a thread somewhere?probably in this subforum.

No, he's talking about the one that warns that your posts may be moderated if they contain certain keywords.

ejje9: Are you still seeing it now?

Once again the reaction time is atrocious. Sometimes it takes 20-30 seconds after I click on a subforum or thread. At the same time other websites and forums react instantly (100/20 Mbit/s at home, websites are loaded within half a second).

Yes, noticed random atrocious behaviour again these days.. but only sometimes it seems. Sending a post definitely is up there among the very likely actions to take forever!

Seems like its getting worse. My Ricks car hunt thread reply box is just collecting posts I've wanted to quote and decided against for one reason or another. Only way to clear it is to go back through all the pages and manually deselect the multi quote check marks. Seems like some of the quotes I've actually posted and its keeping them in memory to requote. Figured that multiple days and posts later the system would reset itself.

I knew something was up, glad to know it isn't just me. It makes me want to avoid multiquote because when I do try to use it, I have to clear 15 pages of posts haha.

Should be a little faster now, but yes, performance is not ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.