Random Thoughts....

The area in which we purchased does have a reputation for being on the conservative side. Most our neighbors are older and probably don't understand or approve of thing like us living together when we are not married. In most cases, to be an insider you have to start at the church and I am not interested in seeking approval from anyone. If I want to mow my lawn Sunday morning before it gets up to 100+ degrees then I bloody well will because it beats going to the hospital for heat stroke. I don't give a damn if it's your sabbath or not.I will try to be a decent neighbor and consult with those who border our property before doing anything that will affect them. The thing I like most about a house compared to an apartment is that I can be just a bit farther away from other people than I was before./get off my lawn.

I am in a similar situation. There are those that are like you, you just have to take a look around and that may require hanging out a bit with the neighbors. It really makes living their better.

I'm always joking that if they give us crap of any kind, I can always take the bike to work at 6am in the morning (I love aftermarket exhausts on a v-twin) or have some Beethoven and Rachmaninoff at midnight to deal with (we're getting my concert grand soon). Yay for pissing off annoying neighbors!

Don't forget the flaming bag o poo and a ring of the doorbell at oh shit is it early/late.

What the hell is there to do in Niagara Falls? I'm yet again in the shit with my mum because I don't want to go. Being stuck in a car for two hours and then stuck in a boring-ass city overnight is not my cup of tea.

Your an adult, start acting like one. If you don't want to go explain it to your Mom, and if she does not understand she will forgive you eventually.

Wow, Missouri sucks. 97 degrees and humidity up the wazoo...Not to mention that it's quite boring (apart from St. Louis, which was pretty decent).

Kansas is up tomorrow.

Oh, did I mention my car doesn't have AC? :lol:

Priced myself an FJ Cruiser today. I really like them and my dealer manager gave me a good deal with heaps of extras throwen in, but im not sure if I want to spend the money and the waiting list is huge.
Please post when the front end falls off.

So, my mom just divulged to me that my grandpa (who used to be a watchmaker, before his eyesight went) has an Omega dating back to the 1950s, that looks exactly like this.

Om369s.JPG

Only thing is, we have to find it somewhere, or get it from my uncle before he nabs it. If I get my grandpa's watch, it'll be my dress watch for life...yo.

Oh lord, those old Omegas are gorgeous, inside and out. I also love working on them, they just go together so nicely. I'll be getting one for myself in the not too distant future.

Your an adult, start acting like one. If you don't want to go explain it to your Mom, and if she does not understand she will forgive you eventually.

I have told her. Repeatedly. Not only on this occasion but on others. I just don't think she understands (or just doesn't want to acknowledge) yet that I'm not a child and I don't have to do what she wants any longer. But that's a whole other issue that I don't want to get into on a open forum.

Soo...I love Star Trek: The Next Generation, but Voyager has one thing on it...USS Voyager landed on a planet in one piece under the command of a woman. USS Enterprise D crashed on a planet under the command of a woman. :lol:

Actually, Deanna Troi wasn't in command - she was just driving. :cool: (Although to her credit, if she had come in too steep the saucer would have burned up in the atmosphere. Too shallow, and they would have bounced off the atmosphere to freeze and suffocate when they ran out of power.The optimum angle for planetary re-entry would be the thickness of a sheet of paper if the planet was the size of a basketball. /startrek nerd])

Cool! My rep is the year I graduated high school! 1984 FTW!

Actually, Deanna Troi wasn't in command - she was just driving. :cool: (Although to her credit, if she had come in too steep the saucer would have burned up in the atmosphere. Too shallow, and they would have bounced off the atmosphere to freeze and suffocate when they ran out of power.The optimum angle for planetary re-entry would be the thickness of a sheet of paper if the planet was the size of a basketball. /startrek nerd])

:lol: too complicated for my late-night brain, but I was just making a joke. :p Generations is one of my favorite movies and the crash-landing one of my favorite scenes.

I know - Troi in command though is a joke in itself. In the 5th season TNG episode "Disaster" Troi is in command after the ship strikes a quantum filament, crippling the ship and cutting off the bridge. O'Brien tells her that the power to the containment fields on the antimatter tanks is failing and when it fails, there'll be a warp core breach. Troi asks, "What's a breach?" :lol: Which is a bit like an officer aboard a nuclear powered aircraft carrier asking, "What's a meltdown?"

phoenixsac puts our combined nerdism to shame! Good man! I would rep you but that would ruin your lovely 1984. Mine is 1857, a year unique in that nearly nothing happened for an entire year anywhere.

Last edited:
Ergh, just got rung up and asked if I'd like to crew a train to Coonamble right now. I'm watching a movie, it's cold, dark and raining outside. I can think of better things to do than be rumbling along in a draughty old 48 class at 30kph at 3 or 4am in the morning, losing the battle to stay awake when I could be tucked up in my nice warm bed. Despite the double time penalty rate, no way in Hell. Plus I'll be working the Indian Pacific back into Sydney tomorrow night and given the option of going to Coonamble or Sydney, Sydney will win every time :p

1857, a year unique in that nearly nothing happened for an entire year anywhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dred_Scott_v._Sandford, a Supreme Court case that sharpened the lines between North and South and really didn't help in preventing the Civil War. Now you know how Americans feel when we're accused of not knowing anything about the history of the rest of the world :p

phoenixsac puts our combined nerdism to shame! Good man! I would rep you but that would ruin your lovely 1984. Mine is 1857, a year unique in that nearly nothing happened for an entire year anywhere.

That's okay, he-he already ruined it by giving me 1999. So I have to party now.

Actually, she was in command. Data was at the helm, so he was the one "driving."

Nope. Data was at his usual station - Ops. Troi was at the Conn, Riker was in command.
[video=youtube;GpZ4_N-5544]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpZ4_N-5544[/video]
(Sorry for the German, but I think we all know what's being said.)

You mess with the bull young man, you get the horns. :p

I think it's official...I've been outnerded...D:

I've seen some video clips of voice actors while they're in character in the recording booth, but where would one look for watching Animaniacs voice actors? Out of all the cartoons I watch that would have to be the most awesome thing to see.

/Freak out!