Random Thoughts....

He's the greatest
He's fantastic
Wherever there's danger he'll be there
He's the ace
He's amazing
He's the strongest, he's the quickest, he's the beeeessstttt....

I prefered to just rent the biggest Sprinter, throw everything in there and get it over with in one go.

Packing everything up at my old flat: 2-3 days
Loading & unloading the van, including the drive to the new flat: 1 day
Unpacking and setting everything up: 2 days (with the help of one other person).

Paperwork for leaving one country and entering another country (like for instance a permit to actually stay here), getting a new bank account, getting registered everywhere, cancelling almost every insurance, getting proper number plates for my car, getting new insurance, a new drivers license, giving proof of insurance to half a dozen people, and a lot more bullshit I can't even remember: more than a month. Actually physically moving my stuff from A to B was like the easiest part of all this. The paperwork in the other hand, especially with the clueless German offices... oh dear.

I'm not exactly keen on moving, but as long as it's within a country's borders, I don't see it as such a big deal, because a lot of stuff simply stays the same (insurance, bank account and so on). You don't have to get permits for everything and you don't have to cancel virtually every insurance and financial commitment you had so far, while getting set up in a very short amount of time in a new country where you start from zero, so everybody looks at you a bit funny because the bank doesn't know if they can trust me, the insurance company wanted to know my *complete* medical history since birth, I had to get a new driver's license, I had to re-register my car (including a number of tests), I had to get all my stuff through customs (which means I had to have a very precise list of all the stuff I was bringing into the country), and so on... so every time somebody complains about physically having to move stuff from A to B I'm like "dude, that's nothing...".

Last edited:
I've only moved once in my life, that was almost 9 years ago and I didn't have any pressure timewise since I moved out from my mum to my first own apartment so I could always leave some stuff behind and collect it later. As I said, the new apartment is on the way to work anyway so I can move the more valuable stuff (170+ model cars) and the stuff I don't need for everyday life (winter wheels, stuff for camping, files, books, chairs I use rarely) unhurriedly, it should make the move of the important stuff so much easier.

Of course, moving to another country which is not even in the EU where you can't just move small amounts of items every day is a much bigger hassle, but I don't want to have such a pressure of having to move within a weekend or so so I planned for a month of overlap anyway. Now it's just 2 weeks of overlap so I have more stuff to move on the main moving day, not a big deal.

I have moved both ways you guys mention and I am here to say the next time will be a moving company after I have packed.

Yeah me too. Our whole company moved to a new building last year and we had a professional moving company that did all the grunt work. We only had to properly package and label all our equipment (they also supplied lots of packaging material) and then it would get picked up, transported to the new building and placed in the correct room. After seeing this very smooth operation I was like "shit, I'm definitely doing this when I move the next time". Just give me boxes and a pen to label everything, and please do the rest for me.

While moving sucks, I'd rather move my own shit. Too many moving scammers here to really trust anyone.

Pods ate great, if you have the slave for one. You load up a locked dosage container the size of a pallet, and they deliver it and place it. Then you unlock and unload.

Pods ate great, if you have the slave for one. You load up a locked dosage container the size of a pallet, and they deliver it and place it. Then you unlock and unload.

AhzOnfc.jpg

:p

The real question is why the auto-correct is so eager to to go to slave from what I can only assume was meant to be space. Of course, Joe may have fat fingered the keyboard and hit L, but I like to assume the program is just an ass trying to make people look bad.

I just moved a 1000+ miles away and decided to sell most everything. Best move ever. Everything I owned fit in a Honda Civic.

I know somebody else that did this about 9 months ago. Things did not work out, and she is now selling things to move back, to replace them again.

I can't sleep. I didn't sleep until about 4 am Sunday morning, here we are again.

I'm tempted to stay awake the 2 hours I have left. I can't afford to oversleep and miss work, have too much shit to do.

*sigh* I shopped by color and pictures this weekend. Thought I was getting blueberry oatmeal with my strawberry flavored one. Nope! "Original" (flavorless). The picture I guess was a "you add your own blueberries." Even though the box was blue and it showed blueberries in the freaking picture.

*sigh* I shopped by color and pictures this weekend. Thought I was getting blueberry oatmeal with my strawberry flavored one. Nope! "Original" (flavorless). The picture I guess was a "you add your own blueberries." Even though the box was blue and it showed blueberries in the freaking picture.

You posted in the wrong thread.
Post it here instead.