The "New Toys" Thread

didn't even know there was such a thing, but i got myself a 32gb SD card in UHS-1 which, according to the spec-sheet, can do 60/90 MB/s (write/read)

Since MP is out (finally)...

Project-Zomboid-Logo.jpg

It's sweeet with friends.

13-inch: 2.4GHz
with Retina display
Specifications
2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz
8GB 1600MHz memory
256GB PCIe-based flash storage
Intel Iris Graphics
Built-in battery (9 hours)

And the GigE connector.

13-inch: 2.4GHz
with Retina display
Specifications
2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz
8GB 1600MHz memory
256GB PCIe-based flash storage
Intel Iris Graphics
Built-in battery (9 hours)

And the GigE connector.

One day......that shall be mine.

How many laptops can get such a high resolution outside of MacBooks? I've had my samsung series 3 for a year and a half and my need for higher resolution(1360x768 current) is increasing.

How many laptops can get such a high resolution outside of MacBooks? I've had my samsung series 3 for a year and a half and my need for higher resolution(1360x768 current) is increasing.

There's now a fair amount of super high resolution laptops out. I know Samsung, Dell and Asus do.

The scaling in Windows, even 8.1, is still lagging a bit behind though. :(

The scaling in Windows, even 8.1, is still lagging a bit behind though. :(

Yeah, my 13" Sony Vaio Pro runs at 1920x1080 and while all of Windows runs fine at 125% size, some programs aren't coded correctly and look like shit or are tiny.

Anyway, got my new NAS up and running last night! Check that capacity. :D

synologynas.png

Your PC is just crazy, I don't want to think about all the monies involved. :thumbsup:

samsung-wb800f.33890795.jpg

very pictures
so internet
and factube

and it's PINK

real bargain for a 16mp camera with wifi, considering it had 2 batteries and the microsd card included for 150 euromonies

no idea whether it'll be any good, will report my findings

I got an iPhone 5C in baby blue today. I had given my iPhone 3GS to my mother to force her to use iMessages

She aint never heard of Skype and a million other IM applications?

I have Skype, Whatsapp and Telegram installed but iMessage still has one "killer app". It's transparent and preinstalled.

I texted my cousin recently. I don't do that often - we usually talk on Facebook. Didn't know she had an iPhone until I noticed it went out as an iMessage. Cool. Saved me an international SMS. :)

I have Skype, Whatsapp and Telegram installed but iMessage still has one "killer app". It's transparent and preinstalled.

I texted my cousin recently. I don't do that often - we usually talk on Facebook. Didn't know she had an iPhone until I noticed it went out as an iMessage. Cool. Saved me an international SMS. :)

It's true iMessage is quite nice.

So today I brought home two of the machines my work were getting rid of, a small ML110 G5 server I'm going to build in to a home server and a massive monolith of a desktop sporting a Core 2 Extreme and a Velociraptor. The latter is bigger and more powerful than the machine I'm using now but I don't intend on using it at my main machine yet, it can be a video rendering box for me. :)

Your PC is just crazy, I don't want to think about all the monies involved. :thumbsup:

I don't have enough room inside my PC for all those drives. I have just a hair shy of 30 terabytes total storage. These new ones are inside a new NAS in my closet. :)

Too many monitors are coming out without VESA. I just had a client say that they now want to provide a monitor arm for everyone. They just bought 1,100 monitors that have no method for mounting other than their own bases.

If only it synced non iMessage sms's between devices as well.

Non-iMessage messages are tied to a certain device via the phone number, so it wouldn't be logical to sync them to another iPhone. Not to mention syncing them to Macs, iPads and iPod Touches that don't have SMS capabilities to begin with.

Non-iMessage messages are tied to a certain device via the phone number, so it wouldn't be logical to sync them to another iPhone. Not to mention syncing them to Macs, iPads and iPod Touches that don't have SMS capabilities to begin with.

Android has apps that will do that for SMS though. Ofc one could always just use Google Voice and have it "sync" up everywhere.