Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

_HighVoltage_

Captain Volvo
Car(s)
1998 Volvo S70 T5M
You need to reset what slow is ;) I've driven the current gen WRX and it's just about where I would say it starts to be quick.

I didn't say it was quick/fast, just said it isn't dreadfully slow. It gets out of its own way. My friend was cross-shopping it with the Focus SE, and the Impreza was the far superior option in terms of driving dynamics. For a daily-driver and a commuter it's not bad at all.

(In a straight line I don't think the Focus ST is fast either. It felt on par with my car. Once again - in a straight line.)

Mitchi

Sierras für alle!
DONOR
Car(s)
'89 C4
I don't think there is such a thing as a slow car.

Obligatory ...

f6a9ab3ef1ce3434a3e9c501acfc43cf.jpg

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
I didn't say it was quick/fast, just said it isn't dreadfully slow. It gets out of its own way. My friend was cross-shopping it with the Focus SE, and the Impreza was the far superior option in terms of driving dynamics. For a daily-driver and a commuter it's not bad at all.

(In a straight line I don't think the Focus ST is fast either. It felt on par with my car. Once again - in a straight line.)

I thought Focus ST was slow

- - - Updated - - -

Obligatory ...

My old Buick would agree, if it weren't in pieces lol

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
Car(s)
06 XTerra, '00 VFR800, '11 Multistrada, Yamaha R6
Obligatory ...

Hell yes!

Also, now I miss my old Volvo. I haven't seen one with this front end in about a decade now and that makes me sad.

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
Car(s)
06 XTerra, '00 VFR800, '11 Multistrada, Yamaha R6

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
You realize Outback has same exact motor right? I think they make like 10 more HP than the Crosstrek... Also Outback is not small by any means, Crosstrek>Forester>Outback.

- - - Updated - - -

I found a ton here as well, even the SRT ones :D
I know - many say the Crosstrek is just slooooooooowwwww though in a way the other cars are merely acceptable. Maybe CVT tuning? Idk.

And I was referring to the Crosstrek not the Outback.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
Car(s)
'12 Fiat 500, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Ford has a vehicle for you.

2016-ford-flex-limited-blue-front-quarter-left.jpg

I want one so bad but two things are keeping me away.

I don't know if I could handle the drivers foot space. And 2, the mustang would be the one going away and I don't know need two wagon. I know trade in value on the Mercury is atrocious and I don't want somebody else fucking it up.

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
I want one so bad but two things are keeping me away.

I don't know if I could handle the drivers foot space. And 2, the mustang would be the one going away and I don't know need two wagon. I know trade in value on the Mercury is atrocious and I don't want somebody else fucking it up.

Look into the MKT. Same 3.5 Ecoboost, same usability, more comfortable seats, a little more tech, tragic looks, way cheaper.

public

Volvomies, volvomies
Car(s)
P26L XC70 D5 and a ton of crap
With a lot of cars I often go "I want one so bad" and "I want one, so bad". I think there is a difference :p

jasonof2000

Car(s)
2013 Lincoln MKT, 2002 Miata SE, 2012 Honda NC700
Look into the MKT. Same 3.5 Ecoboost, same usability, more comfortable seats, a little more tech, tragic looks, way cheaper.

I love my MKT, and you have my eternal thanks for suggesting it. I've got a 2013 so the front end isn't that bad but the rear is... yeah... From the side it looks like a long wagon.
I'd disagree about the usability a bit. The roof line slopes back and that means the third row has less head room than a Flex, not a problem if you have kids but adults won't like it back there.

CrzRsn

Car(s)
I love my MKT, and you have my eternal thanks for suggesting it. I've got a 2013 so the front end isn't that bad but the rear is... yeah... From the side it looks like a long wagon.
I'd disagree about the usability a bit. The roof line slopes back and that means the third row has less head room than a Flex, not a problem if you have kids but adults won't like it back there.

Ah. The only MKTs I've driven were stretch limos, so I made assumptions about the standard length one.

Also, if you want the front end to look like the rest for the 2016 Lincoln family, you could get a grille off a 2017. Its not on Lincoln.com yet, but it is on the Fleet site.

ZMPRChi.png

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
I saw a ad on TV just now for the Elio inviting you to reserve one. o_O Didn't know they were that far along.

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR, #Saab #9-3, #Toyota #MR2 #Spyder
I smell a vast tome of fine print to go with that reservation. What I'm trying to say is that I have reservations.

CrzRsn

Car(s)
I saw a ad on TV just now for the Elio inviting you to reserve one. o_O Didn't know they were that far along.

Reservations have been open for ages. They had 10k people signed up in Feb 2014. And they were giving out T-shirts for reservations in Jan 2013. I'm more surprised at the fact that they're running TV ads now.

jasonof2000

Car(s)
2013 Lincoln MKT, 2002 Miata SE, 2012 Honda NC700
Ah. The only MKTs I've driven were stretch limos, so I made assumptions about the standard length one.

Also, if you want the front end to look like the rest for the 2016 Lincoln family, you could get a grille off a 2017. Its not on Lincoln.com yet, but it is on the Fleet site.

ZMPRChi.png

It isn't a big deal since I've only put children in the third row.
Ohhhhhhh. I don't mind the 2013+ grill but I do like that.
I can't seem to find it on the fleet site though, clicking on the MKT brings you to the 2016 and parts just brings me back to regular Ford parts.