What truck should Argatoga buy next?

What truck should Argatoga buy next?

94.5-96 could have had the Powerstroke 7.3 - think most were made for a Forestry Service contract.

That would be awesome to find. Wouldn't tow very well, but it would be fun off-road.

Going to be very, very hard to find them. I don't know much about the earlier ones, but all the factory PSD powered ones that I've ever encountered or heard of were US Forestry Service (or ex-USFS) trucks, and I've only ever seen one in person. Don't know much more about them than that; I'm guessing they were a special order or contract offering for USFS, maybe a pilot program that didn't work out. Conversions don't count.

Broncos tow about as well as the short bed regular cab F-trucks they're based on. So long as you don't plan on towing at higher highway speeds they do okay, and the 5.8L automatic version is rated to tow a 7000lb trailer. Due to the crappy Mazda transmission they stuck in the manual trucks, they're limited to only a 3000lb trailer, but you can upgrade to a ZF manual out of another Ford truck and solve that problem.

It has more to deal with the fact I said I don't want it and he keeps posting them.

Oy! I'd fall through the sunroof(s)! :lol:

And I only said it because he's not manly enough to drive one of these year round :p

I'll let you off this once. :p

I'd love a pink panther. I don't know if I'm manly enough to drive on all year round, but I could possibly be mad enough. Argatoga should get one and fake it, nobody will ever question him.

It has more to deal with the fact I said I don't want it and he keeps posting them.

You want an SUV WRX STI. That's not really possible.

AWD has really only become popular recently so, finding an older SUV or pickup truck with that is impossible.

To be honest, I don't think an AWD truck has been made. The only thing close enough to "truck" or "SUV" would be the Chevy Astro van, they made those with AWD.

You want an SUV WRX STI. That's not really possible.

AWD has really only become popular recently so, finding an older SUV or pickup truck with that is impossible.

To be honest, I don't think an AWD truck has been made. The only thing close enough to "truck" or "SUV" would be the Chevy Astro van, they made those with AWD.

Have you read anything in this thread? Full time 4x4 is not new, it dates back to at least 1970 with the Range Rover. Full time 4x4 is not AWD.

4x4 means there is a low range with a locked/lockable center.

Last edited: