Where In The World Is..?

I'm sure you'll pull though, but I'm posting this just in case...
If you do find yourself close to a point where you're making plans to end it, do me a favor and talk to anybody (but preferably a professional) first.
At that point there is not much to lose.

What has helped me stay alive is to make a "rule" in my head that I tell myself I can't break.
For example: "I can't kill myself because if I do I will cause my (brother / mother / wife / etc...) as much pain as I'm feeling now. I am not alive for myself, I am alive for them.".
Now I do realize that the hurt that you may be in probably exceeds the ability to care about those people for the moment, but that's why making it a rule is needed.
I'm not saying this is healthy, but it's effective (at least it has been for me).

I second this advice. The same thing has helped me through some very dark times in my life.

Jay: You have many friends here, even those of us who do not regularly interact directly with you.

I'm sure you'll pull though, but I'm posting this just in case...
If you do find yourself close to a point where you're making plans to end it, do me a favor and talk to anybody (but preferably a professional) first.
At that point there is not much to lose.

What has helped me stay alive is to make a "rule" in my head that I tell myself I can't break.
For example: "I can't kill myself because if I do I will cause my (brother / mother / wife / etc...) as much pain as I'm feeling now. I am not alive for myself, I am alive for them.".
Now I do realize that the hurt that you may be in probably exceeds the ability to care about those people for the moment, but that's why making it a rule is needed.
I'm not saying this is healthy, but it's effective (at least it has been for me).

I second this advice. The same thing has helped me through some very dark times in my life.

Jay: You have many friends here, even those of us who do not regularly interact directly with you.

Stay positive, Jay.

There are a lot of us on here that care about you and I hope you pull through.

:hug:

:hug: Jay, if you ever need someone to vent to feel free to hit me up. It always helps to have other depressed people to talk about for those sorts of things for empathy and understanding.

This is the reason I'm still alive.

Hang in there Jay.

Why do the nicest people suffer the most some times - Jay you are a nice person - when we have chatted IRL I just knew you are a very decent fellow. I so hope that things straighten themselves out for you.

Jay, although I don't know you personally, through this forum I feel like I know you at least partially. You are an intelligent, witty person and I always look forward to reading your take on any given issue.

Hang in there, I've been to some pretty low lows, and I know it feels like no one know's what is happening or how to fix it, but things will pull through and you'll come out a stronger, wiser person.

I am still alive and kicking. Kind of.

I am still not smoking, but right now I feel that is the only positive in my life, as two weeks ago my wife dropped on me that she wants a divorce, because she feels that we are going off in two different directions. I could go into detail, but it comes down to her saying that we are both at fault, even though I feel like I did everything wrong.

I right now feel very unloved, unappreciated, unattractive, I feel there is no happy future in store for myself, I am worried about how far I can progress in life because I have no formal education (degree), I had attached all my hopes and dreams to her and now they are gone, I am looking for ways to kill myself in the most painless method; every day I sob and cry so hard I start to hyperventilate. I have not laughed, much less smiled in two weeks. Every day when I feel that I cannot hit a lower bottom, I somehow manage to do so.

So right now I live in the moment, which is very stressful for a person such as myself who wants certainty and security in their life.

MWF has been an excellent liaison to me; to that I am very grateful that SOMEONE gives a damn about me, cause right now I feel very alone and empty.

:comfort: Take things a day at a time. Baby steps. We'll be here for you when you need us, even I will although I don't know you as well as the other forum members. :)

Where's klankymen? Hasn't been here roughly since the mods cautioned him for offending Shiramae (spelling?)....

I think he got given a time out.

He hangs out in IRC and speaking of IRC, where have you been ashspet?

Wow...errrr what a thread? I can't believe I read 25 pages of it!!

I've been gone quite a while for various reasons (although, if I'm honest...ashspet's posts have led this red-blooded male to keep checking in occasionally) and I now I read this thread and find everybody sniping at one another!!!!

Are there any sensible, passionate, car-and-Top Gear-loving people left on this forum??

Are there any sensible, passionate, car-and-Top Gear-loving people left on this forum??

Lots, actually. Though I'd say most of them grew out of the TG sub-forum and spend their time in the other ones. Or just go argue in the Automotive section. :p