Random Thoughts....

Lol I have an aluminum mac book pro. It DOES in fact have rubber things instead. Thank god it's aluminum because i am a MASSIVE klutz and have in fact dropped it on the floor, then landed on top of it on my elbow :lol:
P1000071.jpg

Dropping it on the floor = happens.

Then immediately falling on it with your elbow = EPIC FAIL

Did anyone else catch that commercial during the Super Bowl with Jay Leno driving a Cobra and it said something about coming spring 2009? Top Gear America anyone? :drool:

Also that was one of the greatest 4th quarters ever! :shock:

Did anyone else catch that commercial during the Super Bowl with Jay Leno driving a Cobra and it said something about coming spring 2009? Top Gear America anyone? :drool:

Sadly, if you caught the time slots that it mentioned, it turns out it was talking about his own change in timeslot to 10 PM Eastern/9 Central. I did pause and drool at the Cobra though.

I watched waay too much TV today. The Puppy Bowl, all of the Super Bowl and some cruddy movie on IFC.

I think I enjoyed watching the Puppy Bowl the most. Who can resist cute little puppies and kitties, and they don't riot after it's over.

I just thought of something.

A good name for the most awesome weapon ever (whatever it is, I do not claim to know what it is) would be the "Fully Awesomatic".

Well it seems my grandma is in the hospital right now after a minor stroke. :cry: We're going to visit her tomorrow. I really hope she's going to be alright and nothing else happens. There is no way that I'm going to another freaking funeral for at least ten more years. AT LEAST.

I watched waay too much TV today. The Puppy Bowl, all of the Super Bowl and some cruddy movie on IFC.

I think I enjoyed watching the Puppy Bowl the most. Who can resist cute little puppies and kitties, and they don't riot after it's over.
I watched like 20 minutes of the Puppy Bowl, and then fucking Who Framed Roger Rabbit? was on. That ended, and then I flipped to the Super Bowl just in time to see that 100yd interception return. I don't even really like football, but that was cool to watch.

Why the hell did Springsteen throw his guitar and almost take out a poor roadie?

I am entirely not interested in American Football / Superbowl. It seems I am alone. Who's with me?

^ Yeah, thats because it only happens once a year and Britain sucks, so we have NO infrastructure for this sort of stuff.

In other news, my school is shut. Woop.

Right now, there are drunk Steelers fans, that haven't gotten any sleep, gathering in the forest to see a large rodent named Phil.

Okay, seriously people. If you have a linux machine, it's a good idea to run fsck every once in a while. Don't get pissed off at me when you don't run it for over 200 days and your server starts barfing at you, and then I tell you that your unoptimized 150gb database is going to be in recovery for the next eighteen years because of it.

Last edited:
I am entirely not interested in American Football / Superbowl. It seems I am alone. Who's with me?

o/

Yeah, thats because it only happens once a year and Britain sucks, so we have NO infrastructure for this sort of stuff.

What infrastructure do you need, just drive a little slower :?

Okay, seriously people. If you have a linux machine, it's a good idea to run fsck every once in a while. Don't get pissed off at me when you don't run it for over 200 days and your server starts barfing at you, and then I tell you that your unoptimized 150gb database is going to be in recovery for the next eighteen years because of it.

Oh, the joys of custom applications... Tell me about it. They're generally built by people that had no clue what they were doing, left that company at least 5 years ago, were the only persons that knew how they worked.... And they generally contain vital data for the operation of the company, and run on an old desktopmachine in the broomcloset with a large A4 sheet of paper taped to it that tells the janitor that he will be killed if he dares to even look at the on/off switch....

I could have cared less about the game, except for the halftime show and the commercials. However, watching a dude the size of my apartment sprint 100 yards while many angry dudes chase him and then make him fall on his head is pretty satisfying.

Oh, the joys of custom applications... Tell me about it. They're generally built by people that had no clue what they were doing, left that company at least 5 years ago, were the only persons that knew how they worked.... And they generally contain vital data for the operation of the company, and run on an old desktopmachine in the broomcloset with a large A4 sheet of paper taped to it that tells the janitor that he will be killed if he dares to even look at the on/off switch....
You're half right, in this instance. The guy is still there, and it's on a Dell PowerEdge 2950 in one of my company's datacenters. :p

Last edited: