Random Thoughts....

:lmao: Don't you love getting neg reps that just make you laugh? I quote: "Your a fag". Well, at least I can spell...

(Oh, I don't care about the neg rep - it just made me laugh)

hahaha, those damn coloured font people!

I forget the exact name of the course, but a 2 year thing in I.T at tafe.
Uni doesn't particularly interest me much.

I'm glad I aced my I.T exam haha.

Awesome, TAFE is a fantastic starting point for a career, really hands-on learning. Enjoy!

As of a couple of hours ago I am now completely done with all high school classes and exams, completely done with high school forever :D

:cheers: congrats dude! Ah man I remember finishing high school and getting all nostalgic thinking I'd very rarely if ever be in the school again...and now I'm there two or three mornings a week coaching rhythm in the big band :lol:

Heres a random thought: I want a new suit (and its sale time, so a damn good one for only ?70), but its dry clean only... (my current one is machine washable) Thats my problem. Does anyone here have any advice? I mean its not urgent, but I just want some thoughts on the idea.

Heres a random thought: I want a new suit (and its sale time, so a damn good one for only ?70), but its dry clean only... (my current one is machine washable) Thats my problem. Does anyone here have any advice? I mean its not urgent, but I just want some thoughts on the idea.

No suit should ever be machine washable. Get one that can be dry cleaned.

Yeah but I don't want to have to spend ?10 or so every time I need it cleaned...

Yeah but I don't want to have to spend ?10 or so every time I need it cleaned...

How often would be wearing the suit?? If you're careful to keep it clean when you're wearing it, you could get away with dry cleaning it once every couple of months. Anyway, in the long run, it'll last longer than one you machine wash.

Well unfortunately it would be every day at school - why I think it would be quite expensive in cleaning costs.

If you're really in a pinch, you could get machine washable trousers then a dry clean only jacket. You'd still only need to dry clean the jacket once a month and can wash the trousers whenever you like.

Well unfortunately it would be every day at school - why I think it would be quite expensive in cleaning costs.

I had to wear a suit at school as well, is it a uniform or does the school just tell you to buy any suit?? If it's a uniform, why don't your folks buy it?

The taste of strong chocolate and tobacco go remarkably well together... Same as with chocolate and coffee, and coffee and tobacco, I guess :)

i used to work in a drycleaners for 5 years. more expensive suits will be of a wool blend, cheaper ones polyester. as a general rule of thumb: polyester can be washed, wool cannot. if you wear a suit in the rain, the fabric may appear to ripple, a dry clean will fix this (it's the glue in the lining). always iron on low heat, and inside out to avoid giving a sheen to the fabric. a drycleaner can press your suit, it's different to ironing as it uses steam vacuum instead of metal contact.

you can usually get away with a few wears between cleans, but not too many as the fabric really starts to smell (and we can always tell the people who have avoided cleaning their garments, it takes a few goes to get the smell out!). if you stain the suit however, clean it asap as the longer it's in there, the less chance of getting it out.

as for fashions, it's best to keep to personal preference and something classic. a black or charcoal grey are most versatile. as for pinstripes, the trendier men tend to have narrow ones and most men tend to go for a single breasted jacket, but style is all up to you.

oh, and it's best to go with a drycleaner who's affiliated with a drycleaning association in your country, as they have guidelines which need to be met and if you have any issues with them you have an additional place to help you with claims and stuff. much better than a dodgy place that refuses to acknowledge your rights.

if you have any questions... ask :p

Last edited:
51RY346RS4L._SS500_.jpg

Tada. Although you may not have them over there.

I need to expand what sub-forums I read on FG.

As of right now I only read General Automotive, Auto News, and Off-Topic.... and occasionally look into Top Gear.

A suit at school? Shit in my hair and call me Norah. :blink:

No Boss
Fact #1: I have about 8 or 9 suits, all dry clean only.

No Boss
Fact #2: I have never been to a dry cleaner.

I have gotten my suits dirty in the past but I found that just steam cleaning the dust or dirt that I have gotten on them works wonders. One like this:

Long link is LOOOONNNNGGG.