Ownership Verified: My Topless Swedish Model

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
'00 9-3 2.0 Turbo Vert, Various MGs, '99 Ringoo
Quick back story. My first car I bought because it was ridiculously cheap and I frankly fell in love with it. I had to sell that, unfortunately, but what goes around comes around and so with a new job and some money comes a new car. And of course it had to be a Saab. So after spending ages looking around the interwebs I went to look at yesterday (unlike the old one which I bought blind...) and picked up today (on my birthday!) my birthday present to myself. Naturally because its April and therefore Spring, it snowed (and still is) today. :lol: Perfect weather to pick up a convertible...

2000 Saab 9-3 SE Convertible 2.0 Turbo

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Leather, aircon, electric everything, 124,500 miles, partial service history. Dark blue with tan leather and a blue roof. Which comes off, of course. This one I'm not planning on selling. Ever. I accidentally my last one but deliberately this whole car.

DSC_4510.JPG
DSC_4489.JPG
DSC_4490.JPG
DSC_4496.JPG
DSC_4498.JPG
DSC_4517.JPG
DSC_4508.JPG
DSC_4503.JPG
DSC_4504.JPG
When we arrived to collect it: looking a bit sorry :p
DSC_4486.JPG
Necessity:
DSC_4520.JPG

As for now it'll sit on the drive for a couple of months until after my exams, so don't expect many updates until then :(

Last edited by a moderator:
We shouldn't have let you do that:

561842_10151122699098152_1757481769_n.jpg

I think that combined with a Saab-damaged weird brit was the cause of this buy :p

Looks great! :thumbsup:

So is this the 2.0t 150hp?

- - - Updated - - -

My initial thought: "He bought a convertible.. in britain...?" :p

Well, Britain IS after all the home of the cheap small ragtop. They're also known for single glass windows and so forth. I think it's climate denial :p

I think it's climate denial :p

As someone currently wearing a T-shirt I resent that. I'm not cold at all...

I made my one witty comment on Facebook, but where are you going to put the stickers on this one? Still, CD player and steering wheel controls, aren't we posh? :p

Smexy! Love the car, drive it well! :-D

Awesome choice :thumbsup: I love the color combo. And the wheels. And that it's a Saab. Is that 124k miles or km?

Very, very very well done. I'm jealous. Also, one of those commands a cool 10k here for whatever reason...

I love the leather and the colour combination. Take good care of it.

Speedtouch said:

"He fought British weather and British weather won..."

Last edited:
:thumbsup: This is almost exactly like the one featured on Wheeler Dealers. Nice going!

Congrats!

Methinks and change of avatar is urgently in order.

Out with the Ringoo, in mit dem RennSaab!

Dibs on the first lap of the ring!

Also, you need to do the roadtrip. It is imperative!

:lol:
That is great!
Congrats!

Nice choice, enjoy the topless motoring! :D

A 9-3 convertible used to be on my list of candidates for the first car I'll buy with my own money. Then at some point all the Saabs on that list got replaced by Alfas...

So is this the 2.0t 150hp?

I believe so, yes. I need to check its not the 2.0T 185hp model (which I very much doubt it is).

Still, CD player and steering wheel controls, aren't we posh? :p

Bitch please only the best for me. :lol: You buy cars that take you anywhere, I buy cars that get me somewhere in comfort :p

Awesome choice :thumbsup: I love the color combo. And the wheels. And that it's a Saab. Is that 124k miles or km?

Cheers! The colour combo and wheels are the only reason I investigated it. And 124k miles. :)

Very, very very well done. I'm jealous. Also, one of those commands a cool 10k here for whatever reason... I love the leather and the colour combination. Take good care of it.

Well thank you. I will obviously take care of it. Once I have money it'll get new suspension for a start :p

:thumbsup: This is almost exactly like the one featured on Wheeler Dealers. Nice going!

Thanks! Yeah except theirs was an '02 and this spec was standard then - here it was optional. The alloys are actually a relatively new addition - their are some bills including smaller tyres. :)

Methinks and change of avatar is urgently in order.

Yeah give me until next week. I've got to get back to the midlands where I have a mouse rather than a touchpad. :p

Dibs on the first lap of the ring! Also, you need to do the roadtrip. It is imperative!

Well sure thing. :) And of course I'm doing the whole road trip. :D

No, your car does not count as a convertible. Hell, it arguably counts as a car :p

The truth hurts, Aston :lol: Come and have one of your races against me...

That is great! Congrats!

Thank you! I appreciate that I've clearly bought the right car :p

Nice choice, enjoy the topless motoring! :D A 9-3 convertible used to be on my list of candidates for the first car I'll buy with my own money. Then at some point all the Saabs on that list got replaced by Alfas...

Cheers! I should have a 'no tops' rule for any passengers and only take girls... :hmm: And I think I managed to buy a Saab before Alfas took over... :p